• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Many Options Will Em Be Offering??

How many initial options will EM be offering?

• Total voters

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you start thinking about everything that's been talked about so far I think you should add some larger choices.

Colors: 7
Wraps: anywhere from 2 to 200
Radios: 4 (I just picked a random number there)
Cameras: 3 (rear view, front view, dash cam)
Instrumentation: 3 (just cause I really want something other than the Elgin)
Ground effects trim: 4 (spoilers front and rear, side trim)
Aesthetic: 2 (Chrome gas door, chrome exhaust tip)
Interior lighting: 5 (why 5? Why not?)

And that's just what I came up with off the top of my head. :)

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends on how you count:

• If they offer 5 different upgraded radio models, does that count as 1 option or 5?
  • Does color count as 1 option, or 7?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
When you start thinking about everything that's been talked about so far I think you should add some larger choices.

Colors: 7
Wraps: anywhere from 2 to 200
Radios: 4 (I just picked a random number there)
Cameras: 3 (rear view, front view, dash cam)
Instrumentation: 3 (just cause I really want something other than the Elgin)
Ground effects trim: 4 (spoilers front and rear, side trim)
Aesthetic: 2 (Chrome gas door, chrome exhaust tip)
Interior lighting: 5 (why 5? Why not?)

And that's just what I came up with off the top of my head. :)
I believe wraps are all the same price, so that would count as 1, if some are different prices because of color or design, it could still be 1 with a * so 1*
Radio's I think PE already mentioned it would all be MTX(?) but Standard, Mid Grade or High end so 3

I recall there was a "blanket" charge of $300 if you wanted the Extended wiring harness (the extended one would allow extra components over the basic build <aka any options not in the base package>)
Ground Effects, I wanted those at first, but when the bulge was added, the dropped the side skirts.
Lighting? Hmm I guess that's what other cars call the "Convenience Lighting" so like the light on the visor, and adjustable map lights; another 1 item, like you get it or not. I don't see nit picking a light hear or there.

Cameras, the possibilities could be like 8
Proximity detectors are another 5 (front, rear, side, lane, blind spot,

I think this is why they said they were going to have people decide early so they know which vendors to keeps, which to drop, and which to add.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...I recall there was a "blanket" charge of $300 if you wanted the Extended wiring harness (the extended one would allow extra components over the basic build <aka any options not in the base package>)....

When/where did you hear that? Last I heard, every E off the line was going to come with the same harness--with power taps every X inches.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
When/where did you hear that? Last I heard, every E off the line was going to come with the same harness--with power taps every X inches.
Now you're going to make me go dig. It was in one of the emails that came out last week; there was a lot of information in there, and there was also 2 or 3 articles that people found that was current news releases in the last 10 days.
Someone else on here quoted it, I went and read it, but for as much as I have to keep up with, this is going to be one of those 2 steps back, to do 1 forward. I'll go find it, but it may not be till tomorrow or Friday.
I do recall it was in something that was had PE quoting it in one of his news releases.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recall there was a "blanket" charge of $300 if you wanted the Extended wiring harness (the extended one would allow extra components over the basic build <aka any options not in the base package>)
I thought that the wiring harness was standard. The implication from the ePlus announcement was that the ~$300 per vehicle addition to the BOM costs would be baked into the price of the options themselves based on sales volumes and the cost to implement the connections for that feature. And option demand estimation was part of the reason to allow reservation holders to begin selecting options now.

Top Bottom