• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Many Options Will Em Be Offering??

How many initial options will EM be offering?

• Total voters

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
IIRC The $300 harness upgrade was called a "toll" as mentioned by Paul at the NY auto show press conference.

Yes this is correct. For anyone that wants to check, play the YouTube video that is that press conference, he spells it out.

I took Paul's words to mean that if you order the vehicle with no extras, you won't pay the $300. If you get any extras, you pay the $300. But I could be wrong. I thought he said it was an attempt by EM to have a chance at the $6800 base price. And I think the $300 was just a random number. But again, watch the press conference to hear it from him.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you start thinking about everything that's been talked about so far I think you should add some larger choices.

Colors: 7
Wraps: anywhere from 2 to 200
Radios: 4 (I just picked a random number there)
Cameras: 3 (rear view, front view, dash cam)
Instrumentation: 3 (just cause I really want something other than the Elgin)
Ground effects trim: 4 (spoilers front and rear, side trim)
Aesthetic: 2 (Chrome gas door, chrome exhaust tip)
Interior lighting: 5 (why 5? Why not?)

And that's just what I came up with off the top of my head. :)
I want cruise control, fog lights, heated leather memory seat (so I don't have to adjust it every time I let the wife of at work or pick her up) heated steering wheel, and a rear seat DVD player (to keep her entertained on the commute)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I choose a straight stick and the open road. But I can't quite talk myself into the sun roof. Too drafty leaky and noisy but oh so fun on beautiful sunny day. Someone please help me make a decision?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want cruise control, fog lights, heated leather memory seat (so I don't have to adjust it every time I let the wife of at work or pick her up) heated steering wheel, and a rear seat DVD player (to keep her entertained on the commute)
Not dreaming too big, I like it!!! -)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I choose a straight stick and the open road. But I can't quite talk myself into the sun roof. Too drafty leaky and noisy but oh so fun on beautiful sunny day. Someone please help me make a decision?
I had a sun roof on my Porsche 944 and it was completely useless. The front edge of the opening was just over my head, so the entire opening was behind me. It was impossible for me to see through it.

With corporate average fuel economy requirements from the government, all cars are trending towards a sleek aerodynamic shape. The sunroofs in most cars will probably be behind the driver.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

There is no word on whether the Gen 1 Elio will even have a sunroof option. There was talk of future models having the option for a completely glass roof though. I don't think you will need to make a decision, because it won't be an option :/

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We go with the glass sunroof if it is an option just because the light and view make the cars feel roomier, but they almost always stay closed. I would do the same on the Elio.

Top Bottom