• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Much Angst Has The Waiting For Your Elio Caused?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have tried to put it out of my mind and not really pay much attention to delays.
I do have to make decisions based on my current needs and now I find myself in need of a new or newer car.
What am I to do?
I am making decisions right now based on not getting an Elio.
That is not my want nor what I want to believe, but that is my reality.
How are the rest of you fairing on these types of decisions?.

for us the delays have been a nuisance but not major one ... we are fortunate that we are (hopefully) several years from needed to replace one of our current vehicles .... at our ages, we may not be around long enough for it to happen .... knowing that there is noting I can say or realistically do to make it happen much if any sooner, we find it back to go about life as usual and enjoy the ride to production

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No "Angst" here :cool: I put my $1,000 all in deposit down and am willing to wait. Even if I have to buy another used car to get me through until production I am happy to wait. As my 7th grade Science Teacher always said "Patience is a virtue that must not be overlooked." and let's not forget the 'ol saying "Good things come to those who wait.". Having said that I realize that we live in a society of many "I WANT IT NOW!!" folks, most of them belonging to the generation of the "Entitled" mindset. I say to you of that mindset that the stress from this way of thinking is self imposed. If you want less stress in your life, slow down, take a deep breath and come to realize that the World (including Elio Motors) doesn't revolve around you. Have a nice day :D

R

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I had watched EM since the early inception of P2. The hardest part was when I had to release the credit card number...it was considered a risky investment(loss) with a POSSIBLE return(Elio) and having this planted in my head helps dealing with all the delays.....I just sit back now, check the forums, EM, etc..for news, rants and just laugh it out...I look at life on its positive side and never dwell on these issues or allow it to affect me.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Watching Elio motors is a lot like watching a TV dramatic series, or, just now, a daily soap opera. Since I care a lot about this project, I'm having fun cheering them on and gnashing my teeth at some of the delays and problems they're having. But I've got an aging 2009 subaru Forester with 116,000 miles on it that has needed brakes, two head gaskets, and a MAF sensor / catalytic converter replacement -- that's about $2,000 all told. I want and need my Elio -- and am not sure I can make the suby last until it is ready! That is angst,at least for me.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've only got a hundred bucks invested ,I can afford to lose my minor investment .I'd be surprised if we see any Elio's in driveways for awhile yet so if you need a vehicle ya might want to fine something used .I'd like to see some good positive news but I do think we will all see plenty of Elios some day :D

Top Bottom