• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How This Radical Car Missed Its Chance To Change The World - Maybe!

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And now there is this...

Invest in Aptera Motors
The world's first Never Charge electric vehicle!

https://wefunder.com/aptera?fbclid=IwAR3ghJGAuOzzrPwNuOj3w8E5X54jTkcFujZRi5pf7e7if-_01_VSbRUERVk

Why you may want to invest in us...
1 In addition to its 1,000+ mile battery range, the Aptera can travel 40+ miles a day on the free power from its integrated solar panels.
2 Gas cars are inefficient and EVs today aren't efficient enough.
3 The Aptera is aerodynamic, lightweight, strong, and fun to drive!
4 By 2022, we expect to realize margins of 35% selling 11,250 units per year.
5 Each Aptera owner could reduce their carbon footprint by over 14,000 pounds of CO2 per year.
6 It's safe. The Aptera has a passenger safety cell stronger than that of any other vehicle on the road today.
7 It's affordable. The Aptera has only 10 key structural parts and uses less materials and fewer batteries. This means we can build it relatively cheaply.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And now there is this...

Invest in Aptera Motors

https://wefunder.com/aptera?fbclid=IwAR3ghJGAuOzzrPwNuOj3w8E5X54jTkcFujZRi5pf7e7if-_01_VSbRUERVk

1 In addition to its 1,000+ mile battery range, the Aptera can travel 40+ miles a day on the free power from its integrated solar panels.
5 Each Aptera owner could reduce their carbon footprint by over 14,000 pounds of CO2 per year.
6 It's safe. The Aptera has a passenger safety cell stronger than that of any other vehicle on the road today.
7 It's affordable. The Aptera has only 10 key structural parts and uses less materials and fewer batteries. This means we can build it relatively cheaply.
Unless I can drive the Aptera, they certify the specs and guarantee the production date, it’s a scam.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And now there is this...

Invest in Aptera Motors

"1 In addition to its 1,000+ mile battery range, the Aptera can travel 40+ miles a day on the free power from its integrated solar panels." No, it cannot. it doesn't exist yet, so how can they say that the described Aptera "CAN" do, "HAS" and "IS" all those wonderful, unicorn-like things? Total lie and red flag right at the beginning of the pitch.

Last edited:

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"1 In addition to its 1,000+ mile battery range, the Aptera can travel 40+ miles a day on the free power from its integrated solar panels." No, it cannot. it doesn't exist yet, so how can say that the described Aptera "CAN" do, "HAS" and "IS" all those wonderful, unicorn-like things? Total lie and red flag right at the beginning of the pitch.
I wrote the company and you can also....
I placed this in a forum and this person responded: "1 In addition to its 1,000+ mile battery range, the Aptera can travel 40+ miles a day on the free power from its integrated solar panels." No, it cannot. it doesn't exist yet, so how can say that the described Aptera "CAN" do, "HAS" and "IS" all those wonderful, unicorn-like things? Total lie and red flag right at the beginning of the pitch.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I placed this in a forum and this person responded: "1 In addition to its 1,000+ mile battery range, the Aptera can travel 40+ miles a day on the free power from its integrated solar panels." No, it cannot. it doesn't exist yet, so how can say that the described Aptera "CAN" do, "HAS" and "IS" all those wonderful, unicorn-like things? Total lie and red flag right at the beginning of the pitch.
These same people, and subsequently the companies that bought the intellectual property when they went bankrupt in 2011, made two prototypes with 120 and 100 mile ranges respectively. They tried to compete in the X-prize contest in 2010 and the vehicle overheated after traveling 30 laps of the 50 lap trial. These are the only known Aptera prototypes in existence, but the same people are now telling potential unqualified investors (and please note the red caps in quotation marks):

1 In addition to "ITS 1,000+ MILE BATTERY RANGE", the Aptera "CAN" travel 40+ miles a day on the free power from "ITS INTEGRATED SOLAR PANELS."
3 The Aptera "IS" aerodynamic, lightweight, strong, and fun to drive!
6 "IT'S SAFE". The Aptera "HAS" a passenger safety cell stronger than that of any other vehicle on the road today.
7 It's affordable. The Aptera "HAS" only 10 key structural parts "AND USES" less materials and fewer batteries. This means we can build it relatively cheaply.

WAY down the fundraising page, they tell you the funds they are asking you for will be used to build THE FIRST PROTOTYPE. However, the parts of the seven points above that I highlighted, unless I live in an alternate reality, make it sound like there's a fully tested prototype running around a track somewhere getting all these wonderful and fantastical specifications that no-one else has been able to even come remotely close to. To the best of my knowledge, the technology that would be required to achieve those specifications doesn't even exist yet. The bottom line is that the fact that there is no described prototype in existence, other than on paper and in artist renditions, makes the highlighted parts of those seven points complete, and apparently intentional, falsehoods. Physics dictates that something that's non-existent can't HAVE or BE any of the things they are saying it HAS and IS.

Aptera was denied two ATVM loans in 2009. Then these exact same people who are now trying to raise funds for a new Aptera claimed in 2011 that the DOE offered them a $150M low interest loan if Aptera met a requirement of raising a matching amount themselves. The New York Times contacted the DOE which said that it had not committed to loaning the company any money.. To the best of my knowledge, a lot of people lost a good deal of money when these same people took the original Aptera into bankruptcy. And now they use deceptive language right out of the box on their fundraising page, of all places? I'm curious to know how they'll respond to your inquiry. Please let us know.

Last edited:

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a bit disingenuous to call Aptera out for the same wording that Elio used all the time. It is fluff, spin, betting on the come, or outright lies?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On Monday (14th Oct 19) I asked Elio the following question:

It was noticed on Connie Grennan’s LinkedIn account that she left Elio Motors back in March 2019.

This is not reflected on the Elio Motors website.

Has a replacement been found?

Here it is Thursday and still no response.

Should be an easy yes/no answer, but apparently they feel it might violate an SEC rule.
I was expecting a "we don't comment on employee questions" or at least "Check the Blog".

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On Monday (14th Oct 19) I asked Elio the following question:

It was noticed on Connie Grennan’s LinkedIn account that she left Elio Motors back in March 2019.

This is not reflected on the Elio Motors website.

Has a replacement been found?

Here it is Thursday and still no response.

Should be an easy yes/no answer, but apparently they feel it might violate an SEC rule.
I was expecting a "we don't comment on employee questions" or at least "Check the Blog".

Are you, or anyone, able to tell which State Connie maybe resides in, and maybe if her leaving Elio Motors also meant moving out of Arizona? Just wondering..... thanks in advance.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you, or anyone, able to tell which State Connie maybe resides in, and maybe if her leaving Elio Motors also meant moving out of Arizona? Just wondering..... thanks in advance.

Her current job is with Peraso, located in Toronto Canada. Maybe she is no longer even in the country. Got this from their website:

Connie Grennan has over thirty years’ experience in financial management of high-tech manufacturing companies. She assisted in multiple fund-raising activities, handled due diligence requirements and managed corporate reporting requirements. She has led M&A activities, managed accounting, financial planning and reporting, sales/cost analysis, banking and insurance relationships, human resources, information systems and facilities. Previous to Peraso Technologies, Connie gained experience as CFO of Elio Motors Inc, Oz Mo Devices, Anadigm and MicroPhotonix Integration in start-up environments. She had a fifteen-year career within Lockheed Martin Corporation rising to the level of Director of Finance and Administration.

Notice that the reference to Elio seems to be past-tense, meaning she no longer is associated with them. I also noticed she is listed as part of management but is not on the board of directors.

Top Bottom