• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How This Radical Car Missed Its Chance To Change The World - Maybe!

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oct 19, 18:44 EDT

Elio Motors

Hello,

Here is a drop-in electric motor to consider that has 110 hp. and would fit in your vehicle so you can offer gas or electric.

https://jalopnik.com/finally-an-electric-crate-motor-you-can-drop-into-your-1839168140

What do you think?

Signed,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elio Motors Customer Service
(Elio Motors)

Oct 21, 12:38 EDT

Thanks for sending it in - we've passed it along to the right people!

Best,
The Elio Team

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sent today

Elio Motors Customer Service
(Elio Motors)

When is Paul Elio going to address the situation of Elio Motors? My relative who is an attorney with the States Attorneys office of Arizona is my beneficiary (Executor).

Last edited:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For a couple years OpenFlash made an electric supercharger kit using a Phantom ESC for the Miata. It worked surprisingly well, providing a couple pounds of boost good for an extra 60HP to the wheels. Basically instead of being driven off a belt like a regular supercharger or off the exhaust like a turbo it had an electric motor driving it which was connected to a separate 24V battery pack. Those batteries would charge off the alternator like normal when not under heavy boost load. The Gen1 units only applied boost at full throttle, so they drove like normal until you wanted to GO. The Gen2 units had a boost controller than you could set to apply boost more progressively.

The advantage over traditional setups is it was cheaper (around $2k), and presumably a little more reliable since it was less invasive and made less power to break stuff.

All that just to say electric superchargers/turbochargers can actually work, as opposed to the cheap eBay scams that are junk.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
XTI Aircraft looks to have stellar management with incredible credentials. A few years ago they lost Jeff Pino in a non related aircraft mishap: Jeff was hugely capable and well respected in the industry. All the guys remaining and now a new addition, a Cessna Textron CEO will surely continue in their successes. XTI has test hovered a 65 percent sized prototype and is in the process of incorporating a new state of the art engine into their fuselage and integrating the electric motors and battery backup capabilities.

This might be the real deal, if it’s going to be done, these are the guys that will do it.

(I’m a Non paid spokesman!!!).

I admit I bought quite a bit of their first offering)

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
XTI Aircraft looks to have stellar management with incredible credentials. A few years ago they lost Jeff Pino in a non related aircraft mishap: Jeff was hugely capable and well respected in the industry. All the guys remaining and now a new addition, a Cessna Textron CEO will surely continue in their successes. XTI has test hovered a 65 percent sized prototype and is in the process of incorporating a new state of the art engine into their fuselage and integrating the electric motors and battery backup capabilities.

This might be the real deal, if it’s going to be done, these are the guys that will do it.

(I’m a Non paid spokesman!!!).

I admit I bought quite a bit of their first offering)
I have invested also and continue to do so along with Sailor Dog.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom