• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How This Radical Car Missed Its Chance To Change The World - Maybe!

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just spotted this petition to get the non-refundable money back. Really????? I'm not sure why they think they are entitled to changing their minds. Non-refundable means just that. They did not pay for a vehicle but only a spot in line. That they have gotten. So far they have about 650 signatures but are hoping to get 1000. Not sure what they will do with the petition after that. I'm pretty sure that Elio no longer has money available for refunds anyway. They are basically broke until the funding is done. I did not and will not sign. I knew the risk.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-elio

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just spotted this petition to get the non-refundable money back. Really????? I'm not sure why they think they are entitled to changing their minds. Non-refundable means just that. They did not pay for a vehicle but only a spot in line. That they have gotten. So far they have about 650 signatures but are hoping to get 1000. Not sure what they will do with the petition after that. I'm pretty sure that Elio no longer has money available for refunds anyway. They are basically broke until the funding is done. I did not and will not sign. I knew the risk.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-elio
That petition is over 3.5 years old. If it never gained traction back in May 2015, it's never going to. People like to do these petitions buy the only ones that ever seem to work is if people want a TV show put back on the air. It's only got 465 signatures in all that time. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If a law firm was looking to go fishing for a case and did this today, they could go forward with it as long as they would have enough people to actually join in. No matter what it says on a contract, there's always a way around it. We live in a day that "ironclad" means nothing. My guess is that most don't care, just accepted the current situation or moved on. Going after Elio is pointless because they will never get the money back as Elio doesn't have it and even if they sold off all of their assets, each person would get $10

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may have started a while ago (May 14, 2015) but there are five+ signers so far this year. If the Elio is made, this may hurt sales a little because of the perception that Paul Elio is not trustworthy.

Last edited:

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may have started a while ago (May 14, 2015) but there are five+ signers so far this year. If the Elio is made, this may hurt sales a little because of the perception that Paul Elio is not trustworthy.
It hurts more by saying "our scheduled production date is X" and then pushing it back because of lack of funding.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
8B17655B-4BCB-45DD-8629-D633CF5DD0C2.jpeg

Top Bottom