• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hurricane Harvey

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch!! And your rates go up when? Or do you think they will be understanding and not up your rates? (What am I saying ...... )

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't had a claim in many years so I don't know the current in's and out's .... at one time, damage from an "Act OF God" didn't cause a rate increase .... no clue if that's still the case .... picture below shows my wife and daughter trying to vacuum the broken glass our of the Camaro
170904 001 Harvey Hail Damage 001.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And they didn't put a sheet over the back seat first? You'll be picking glass out of the back seat for the next year.
Sorry, I've done glass work and that's one of the first things you do.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
update :

yesterday a major hail storm from Harvey moved through our area .... golf ball to baseball to softball hail .... pictures below show rear window damage to my wife's Camaro .... my Chevy truck was hammered .... thankfully no glass damage

Might just be the angle of the picture, but it looks like the Camaro's body panels came out unscathed. Kind of surprised, actually! We had a hail storm out here some years back that took out the windows on my wife's Jeep Cherokee that didn't leave a panel untouched [golfball size, but solid as a rock]. It would have literally killed you if you were outside when it hit!

Hope everything goes smooth with the insurance claims!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
unfortunately, we do have body damage on 3 vehicles and glass damage on 3 vehicles .... our Sportchassis has glass damage but no body damage .... the Camaro and Trailblazer have both glass and body damage ... my Chevy Silverado has body damage but no glass damage .... throw in damage to the house and we have a mess

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
unfortunately, we do have body damage on 3 vehicles and glass damage on 3 vehicles .... our Sportchassis has glass damage but no body damage .... the Camaro and Trailblazer have both glass and body damage ... my Chevy Silverado has body damage but no glass damage .... throw in damage to the house and we have a mess

Sorry to hear that, Jim! Definitely sounds like a mess. Hopefully Irma steers clear of your area! Heck, the entire US for that matter.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And they didn't put a sheet over the back seat first? You'll be picking glass out of the back seat for the next year.
Sorry, I've done glass work and that's one of the first things you do.
I thought it was broken from the hail and thus before they'd have thought to put a sheet over the seat. If they broke out the window in order to clean the glass, I agree about the sheet. There's nothing like finding broken glass months after the window broke.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was broken from the hail and thus before they'd have thought to put a sheet over the seat. If they broke out the window in order to clean the glass, I agree about the sheet. There's nothing like finding broken glass months after the window broke.
It was broken by the hail, but it hadn't fallen apart; it was still in place, until they started vacuuming it up, then it caved.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just got a call from the body shop, our Camaro is ready to be picked up .... the good news is, they were able to fix all of the hail damage without having to do any painting ..:D.. we could have picked it up today but its raining .... we plan to take my Silverado over in the morning and bring the Camaro home ...:cool:

Top Bottom