• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hurricane Irma

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
per the Weather Channel, Hurricane Irma is now the most powerful Atlantic Basin Hurricane in history

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our local news this morning put it this way:

Take an EF4 tornado, throw in torrential rains, and let it sit over your house for hours on end.

Let that sink in.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Irma's projected path continues to evolve .... the latest (which is most certainly subject to change at any second) projection is the path has moved a bit to the west .... if so, it will proceed right up the north/south middle of Florida .... with the size of the eyewall the vast majority of the state will be subject to 150 +/- mph wind .... the results can be devastating .... sure hope folks down there are paying close attention to the evacuation proclamations

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a business associate that has a home at mile 10 in the keys .He flew down to be able to ride out the storm .(fool)
Watching the web cams on Duval St indicates this is a very serious storm because the bars are closed.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Irma's projected path continues to evolve .... the latest (which is most certainly subject to change at any second) projection is the path has moved a bit to the west .... if so, it will proceed right up the north/south middle of Florida .... with the size of the eyewall the vast majority of the state will be subject to 150 +/- mph wind .... the results can be devastating .... sure hope folks down there are paying close attention to the evacuation proclamations
I've heard the reports that say, "if you stay to ride out the storm, don't hope for rescue, it's not coming, we are telling everyone to get out now"
It's going to nail Florida, and the one behind it, Juan(?), has just about caught up to Irma, it's moving fast.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
fascinating .... the main gasoline pipeline from the Gulf to our part of the country is once again up and running ..... if Irma was forecasted to come anywhere close to us I'd understand but the latest "Cone" showing the projected path of Irma no longer includes our part of the country .... and yet, panic buying of gasoline has apparently set in .... the station closest to us is out of regular and mid-grade gasoline, so it no longer has anything but high test .... oh well, folks most certainly have the right to spend their money as they see fit

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
fascinating .... the main gasoline pipeline from the Gulf to our part of the country is once again up and running ..... if Irma was forecasted to come anywhere close to us I'd understand but the latest "Cone" showing the projected path of Irma no longer includes our part of the country .... and yet, panic buying of gasoline has apparently set in .... the station closest to us is out of regular and mid-grade gasoline, so it no longer has anything but high test .... oh well, folks most certainly have the right to spend their money as they see fit
Actually, it's the best gas to use in, lawn mowers, weed whackers, and other garden and gas powered equipment. Regular has way to much moisture in it, same goes for mid-grade. And I find a tank of the high grade stuff, once or twice a year in the daily driver isn't a bad idea, it helps burn the carbon deposits you build up over the rest of the year.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Irma's projected path continues to shift to the west of our part of NC .... unfortunately, the projection for Florida continues to deteriorate .... reports of heavier than usual north bound traffic on I-95 in NC has been reported .... sure hope all of our folks are out of harm's way

Top Bottom