• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Can Live With The P4 Front..but

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Elio Motors personalization element you find this:
"And make sure you check out the walls surrounding the showroom. They are going to be covered with available options for your new Elio. These will include cruise control, a stereo upgrade, navigation system a blue-tooth steering wheel and leather seating."
Automatic Transmission is nowhere to be found. Now having said that, I can, in view of your and others comments, see your position, and will retract my original comment.
That's it.. You aren't going to apologize for call us the B word?

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After looking and reading post from Sandi, the p4 front fenders are growing on me..the head -lighs seem better also..now if i can just convince myself to like the squared off rear..I have decided that with the limited budget Elio is operating with these changes must be necessary for some good reason..
I suspect economy (better aerodynamics to achieve 84MPG) has driven the front fender design and practicality has driven the rear design to provide more headroom and space in the back..

Ray

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Modern automatic transmissions tend to be more efficient and produce better gas mileage than manual transmissions.. Years ago the opposite was true.. Automatic transmissions are also generally rated with higher tow capacity than manual transmissions.. This holds true for my F150 and other pickups I have owned. I don't know the reason for this..

Ray

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3 to 5 hundred would be a very reasonable price for an Auto upgrade..I hope they will have fuel and performance chart plus 3rd party drive reports at production time..
Hopefully we will be able to test drive autocycle a with the various transmissions at dealerships before we make a final decision.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

• Be kind of hard to do that since we are supposed to get ours before dealers..Remember your email from Elio..It said once done with the final design and option /price list completed they will ask us to pick color and options just before going through the line..They also mentioned something about test drives but said still working out..Another note, Dealers are not going to be in every town .. Finally I can't imagine a salesman giving you much time if he or she knows you already purchased one.. These are the if-fee things that worry me..Picking up at the factory as they promised seems to be best , but your unit will already be built when you get there..
The difference is the reps in the Elio show room will not be salesmen. They will be trained customer service staff. They will be paid a salary so do not have to worry about meeting commissions. They will have every reason to give us good service because that is what they will be trained to do. Every customer will be quoted the same price for everything they buy be it the Elio itself, or a long bucket list of dreams the customer wants fulfilled at his/her own expense. I look forward to meeting these future members of the Elio team. If the experiences of people like Ralphe have had are any example, these are going to be the kind of people I want to talk to. Go Elio. :-) Z

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio!? I had to double check. Your post was of such a tone as the Goofyone posts. And he posts are very good.
And we agree, but I would like to add...I think each of us will have an option to drive a finished EE before we place our order. I base that on one example...What if you buy either the manual or the automatic transmission and don't like it, and never got a chance to drive it first? Surely Elio will let us test drive the various transmissions before we pick which we want. true we might have to take a drive to where ever they have them. imagine not being sure, do i want an auto or a manual, and being told to "just pick one already."

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio!? I had to double check. Your post was of such a tone as the Goofyone posts. And he posts are very good.
And we agree, but I would like to add...I think each of us will have an option to drive a finished EE before we place our order. I base that on one example...What if you buy either the manual or the automatic transmission and don't like it, and never got a chance to drive it first? Surely Elio will let us test drive the various transmissions before we pick which we want. true we might have to take a drive to where ever they have them. imagine not being sure, do i want an auto or a manual, and being told to "just pick one already."
Actually I don't have that option. I am no longer able to drive manual transmission if I want to enjoy the trip. My Daihatsu Charade was the last manual transmission I had. I simply trust that the Elio team will find the best automatic transmission they can for the Elio. I understand they had one picked out that they have since rejected and that reinforces my trust that they do know what they are doing and they are doing the right thing taking the time necessary to get it right. :-) Z

briish

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
What they did with the rear is a friggin sin..The rounded off tail on the p3 looked great , the squared off p4 rear looks like a 1970 smashed econo box.. hopefully the p5 will correct their mistake but now Elio claims they are going to add more head room to the rear seat..What square it off too.. Geez Elio when we sent our $$$ in faith it was to help you get up and running not spend it designing out all the curb appeal..If they screw it up much more I'll demand my money back..doubt their no refund policy would hold up if a class action suit by many.. Not to mention the bad publicity.. They are definitely changing what were were sold on to something we would not buy...
hahahha sometimes you have to think outside the box

briish

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
As do I. I love the design more with each model. While there is No way they are going to design a car that Every buyer or observer likes I understood when I signed on the dotted line that this was an investment towards a Prototype design concept car. I as was everyone were offered 2 doors. The "I'm not sure" I may change my mind refundable door, and door 2 "I'm all in" and have faith that this will at the very least come close to the Only promises they made which were mileage, cost, mpg, and safety. I do not recall any "this is the actual finished car" commitments or promises nor did I build my expectations Assuming this to be the case. Sounds like you should have selected door #2?
not seen one in real life, but thought it was a hatchback????

briish

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling that they will making some for their retail outlets at the same time as the reserved units.. but again I / we aren't sure what it will look like then or if / when it will be made period..Do the math on what has been sent in reservations and other loans Elio has received so far..Plenty of people have bagged up money and disappeared ..Bernie Madeof.. the Leeman brothers.. my ex girl friend.. Reminds me my brother owes me 20 bucks...
hahaha i think i married your g/f,s sister well if and when they start production? time will tell, has anyone visited the plant yet in louisianna?

Top Bottom