• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Finally Saw It! My Takeaway And Concerns

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also had the opportunity to view the Elgin dash and my concerns were all answered. My major concern was the window opening for the speedometer. At no time through the progression of speed do it confuse the traveler. It's a nice design and I will enjoy viewing it as I breeze down the road enjoying life in my Elio.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also was concerned about the outriggers, I thought there probably should be some sort of reflector on the front top and facing rear, with the newer LED lights they could do something pretty nice with it. I could imagine some big ol' suburban or escalade backing into a parking space and taking out a wheel.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I am not looking for the ELIO to be prefect. No car or motorcycle is. Heck every new bike I buy $ 3000 or so goes into it to make it what I want.
I don't care if the ELIO does not have the interior of some fancy luxury car I want it to function in everyday use. Been driving and riding a long time will adjust to any quarks the ELIO may have. At some where near $6,800 dollars I will deal with it. I have put more than that in unnecessary mods on a motorcycle.
Long as it gets to market, has an engine that runs well and holds up, a transmission that holds up the ELIO will be a go IMO. We can keep one more thing it needs until we take a $ 6,800 basic transportation vehicle and turn it into a $25,000 failure. It seems to me the ELIO was never meant to be a replacement for that great prefect car you have . It was meant to be what it appears to be Basic transportation that is affordable to purchase, drive and own.
It will never replace my Harleys, but will sure come in handy on those Wisconsin days when the Harley is just not an option. It will be just the ticket for my daughter that drives our grandson 30 miles round trip everyday to private school.
The ELIO will not be prefect I am sure that car and drive will never even consider it worthy of their time but many of us will except it willingly even with a few warts.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I am not looking for the ELIO to be prefect. No car or motorcycle is. Heck every new bike I buy $ 3000 or so goes into it to make it what I want.
I don't care if the ELIO does not have the interior of some fancy luxury car I want it to function in everyday use. Been driving and riding a long time will adjust to any quarks the ELIO may have. At some where near $6,800 dollars I will deal with it. I have put more than that in unnecessary mods on a motorcycle.
Long as it gets to market, has an engine that runs well and holds up, a transmission that holds up the ELIO will be a go IMO. We can keep one more thing it needs until we take a $ 6,800 basic transportation vehicle and turn it into a $25,000 failure. It seems to me the ELIO was never meant to be a replacement for that great prefect car you have . It was meant to be what it appears to be Basic transportation that is affordable to purchase, drive and own.
It will never replace my Harleys, but will sure come in handy on those Wisconsin days when the Harley is just not an option. It will be just the ticket for my daughter that drives our grandson 30 miles round trip everyday to private school.
The ELIO will not be prefect I am sure that car and drive will never even consider it worthy of their time but many of us will except it willingly even with a few warts.
Very well said! :)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the post- great insights and observations, just one item, the frame is not going to be raised 2", they mentioned the rear seat to be lowered that distance. I saw it in Jacksonville, and was totally smitten- read, look at all the pictures, nothing like sitting in it!!- hopefully test driving will happen 2015! (also hoping that only owners to be get priority)

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the post- great insights and observations, just one item, the frame is not going to be raised 2", they mentioned the rear seat to be lowered that distance. I saw it in Jacksonville, and was totally smitten- read, look at all the pictures, nothing like sitting in it!!- hopefully test driving will happen 2015! (also hoping that only owners to be get priority)

Hmm. I asked him how they would get the 2 inches. Would they raise the roof or lower the chair? He said raise the roof. I thought they would lower the chair

Top Bottom