1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by jdkeats, Mar 11, 2019.

1. lookin

lookin New Member

I just registered the new Outback in MO. On the type check list they have created a check point for "autocycle". This is new. It give the person the opportunity to license as a autocycle.

Chaz and NSTG8R like this.
  2. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Neat to know... Now, hopefully, all of Elio's path-laying will come to fruition and they'll find a way to start producing autocycles!

3. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

I did a google of PA autocycle and this was the first link. So, it might be time to get up to speed with your autocycle laws before you take delivery of your Elio:
    https://www.pa-injurylawyer.com/do-you-know-the-pennsylvania-autocycle-laws/

4. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I'm nowhere near Pennsylvania so their laws won't affect me too much.

https://slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/stories/nebraska-autocycle/
    https://dmv.nebraska.gov/dvr/title/autocycle
    Hopefully, the Federal designation for autocycle will let us escape the stupid looking cyclops headlight look that the SOLO has.

From Nebraska Statutes 60-6,219. Motor vehicle; autocycle or motorcycle; lights; requirements; prohibited acts:

(4) Every autocycle or motorcycle shall be equipped with at least one and not more than two headlights and with a taillight exhibiting a red light visible from a distance of at least five hundred feet to the rear of such autocycle or motorcycle.

Notice, it doesn't say that if there are two headlights that they have to be in the center of the front end.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

How about put three KC HiLites (like the ones that were really common in the 80's) on the roof?

6. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Doesn't matter. The state law doesn't mean dick as far as how the vehicle is equipped goes. Federal law is written right in the NHTSA documents that says that the states cannot supersede any federal requirements. About the only thing the state autocycle laws are good for is determining whether or not you need a helmet and/or endorsement, as those are not NHTSA issues. Even if the NHTSA goes to the trouble of creating a federal autocycle category, you can bet that the feds will still make sure they still have the last detailed word on how the autocycle is to be equipped..

airforceguy6 likes this.