• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just registered the new Outback in MO. On the type check list they have created a check point for "autocycle". This is new. It give the person the opportunity to license as a autocycle.
Neat to know... Now, hopefully, all of Elio's path-laying will come to fruition and they'll find a way to start producing autocycles!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did a google of PA autocycle and this was the first link. So, it might be time to get up to speed with your autocycle laws before you take delivery of your Elio:
https://www.pa-injurylawyer.com/do-you-know-the-pennsylvania-autocycle-laws/
I'm nowhere near Pennsylvania so their laws won't affect me too much.

https://slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/stories/nebraska-autocycle/
https://dmv.nebraska.gov/dvr/title/autocycle
Hopefully, the Federal designation for autocycle will let us escape the stupid looking cyclops headlight look that the SOLO has.

From Nebraska Statutes 60-6,219. Motor vehicle; autocycle or motorcycle; lights; requirements; prohibited acts:

(4) Every autocycle or motorcycle shall be equipped with at least one and not more than two headlights and with a taillight exhibiting a red light visible from a distance of at least five hundred feet to the rear of such autocycle or motorcycle.

Notice, it doesn't say that if there are two headlights that they have to be in the center of the front end.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm nowhere near Pennsylvania so their laws won't affect me too much.

https://slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/stories/nebraska-autocycle/
https://dmv.nebraska.gov/dvr/title/autocycle
Hopefully, the Federal designation for autocycle will let us escape the stupid looking cyclops headlight look that the SOLO has.

From Nebraska Statutes 60-6,219. Motor vehicle; autocycle or motorcycle; lights; requirements; prohibited acts:

(4) Every autocycle or motorcycle shall be equipped with at least one and not more than two headlights and with a taillight exhibiting a red light visible from a distance of at least five hundred feet to the rear of such autocycle or motorcycle.

Notice, it doesn't say that if there are two headlights that they have to be in the center of the front end.
Doesn't matter. The state law doesn't mean dick as far as how the vehicle is equipped goes. Federal law is written right in the NHTSA documents that says that the states cannot supersede any federal requirements. About the only thing the state autocycle laws are good for is determining whether or not you need a helmet and/or endorsement, as those are not NHTSA issues. Even if the NHTSA goes to the trouble of creating a federal autocycle category, you can bet that the feds will still make sure they still have the last detailed word on how the autocycle is to be equipped..

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah. This is my last post here.

My money’s gone and it’s not coming back. Elio isn’t just not going to happen, it was never going to happen. Paul Elio was just the latest in a series of people who recognized that there was an attractive pitch to be made around this type of vehicle, but never had any reasonable plan to take it from sales-props to market.

The weekly newsletter long ago gave up trying to even make it seem that there was progress being made and started recycling old articles. This is just too depressing to even keep reading about, so I’m purging my links, email, etc.

Good luck to all.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. This is my last post here.

My money’s gone and it’s not coming back. Elio isn’t just not going to happen, it was never going to happen. Paul Elio was just the latest in a series of people who recognized that there was an attractive pitch to be made around this type of vehicle, but never had any reasonable plan to take it from sales-props to market.

The weekly newsletter long ago gave up trying to even make it seem that there was progress being made and started recycling old articles. This is just too depressing to even keep reading about, so I’m purging my links, email, etc.

Good luck to all.
Understandable. Don’t agree with the “never”.... but understandable. It’s been a l-o-n-g time.

Good luck to you as well.

Meanwhile, I wait. Something good will come out of this.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Understandable. Don’t agree with the “never”.... but understandable. It’s been a l-o-n-g time.

Good luck to you as well.

Meanwhile, I wait. Something good will come out of this.
This is just a gripe comment. The person just want's to vent but the reality is this. If 2 weeks from now, Elio announces funding and deliveries start in 2019, this person will be back and excited. If they are speaking the truth then when the first Elio is delivered, I will buy a $1K, $7K locked in reservation for $100. Since these people are done with it, their reservation is worthless right now and I'll give you $100 more than $0.

Top Bottom