• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Assume we is not me and more than one.
"We" consists of the current board members. After that, the accountants and engineers that work for Elio Motors. They still work for the company and thus are grinding away to get the funding needed. So all is well and "we" are grinding away. That's ll we need to know. If Elio did not answer, then we can worry. Since they are and with the insiders here on this forum, it's safe to say, Elio is alive and well. I suspect that there will be an announcement soon.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We" consists of the current board members. After that, the accountants and engineers that work for Elio Motors. They still work for the company and thus are grinding away to get the funding needed. So all is well and "we" are grinding away. That's ll we need to know. If Elio did not answer, then we can worry. Since they are and with the insiders here on this forum, it's safe to say, Elio is alive and well. I suspect that there will be an announcement soon.

Where did you get your information that there is anyone else working at Elio Motors other than Paul? There are no events or pictures that I know of for more than a year. Maybe LinkedIn? Not sure that is up to date either. No SEC reports showing anyone either. I would neither call Elio Motors alive nor well. Perhaps "we" is Pauls me-myself-and-I group?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you get your information that there is anyone else working at Elio Motors other than Paul?
I just look at the numbers. At the end of June 2018, they had $339K in the bank. This does not count the $2.5M they got from Overstock. So, if you take those numbers, add them together and divide by the $261K/mo expenses they have with just the lease and equipment loan, that would mean they would be broke by the end of May 2019. They are not taking reservations, thus there's no income from that. The only way to pay for people is to either sell stock (which means you have to sell lots of it now), Paul is using personal funds or using ESG as the source for money. Since Elio motors is trimming back even more by not doing blogs, taking months to process refundables and answering questions on FB with the same cut and paste, I can't see Elio Motors having any employees except for Paul. People do need to eat and live, so they will not be working for the company for free. I bet many of Pauls comrades from over the years are like me and just work as a consultant, thus only paid when needed but those people work elsewhere and in the end are not employees.

The only work going on is Paul sending out emails and making phone calls. All in hopes the funding is found. When needed, he can pay someone a few bucks when something in the fundraising operations is needed. They can't even afford an SEC filing if they wanted to do.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RS, Some people that believe in the mission work and consult for free. :) Also, the President & CFO appear to have realistic/modest annual salaries for a startup in the R&D stages of development.

35E437CB-DAA1-41C7-8067-916531F16706.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RS, Some people that believe in the mission work and consult for free. :) Also, the President & CFO appear to have realistic/modest annual salaries for a startup in the R&D stages of development.

View attachment 23960
It's not like mark cane from the poor house. With his money, I would have thought he would have been paid zero. As for the others, I have a feeling they own stock and thus if the company takes off, they make a boatload. In those situations they are a risk but I bet there are some other business dealings that you don't know about. For example, how much did ESG get paid for engineering services? I don't know of anyone that works for free to make a vehicle just because they do it for the love of it. This is not like they are doing something like Habitat for Humanity or helping out a family member.

Plus, what's the latest compensation? You are posting info that is from 2016. That's three years old. What about 2019 or at least the first half of 2019? Both, stock based and cash.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not like mark cane from the poor house. With his money, I would have thought he would have been paid zero. As for the others, I have a feeling they own stock and thus if the company takes off, they make a boatload. In those situations they are a risk but I bet there are some other business dealings that you don't know about. For example, how much did ESG get paid for engineering services? I don't know of anyone that works for free to make a vehicle just because they do it for the love of it. This is not like they are doing something like Habitat for Humanity or helping out a family member.

Plus, what's the latest compensation? You are posting info that is from 2016. That's three years old. What about 2019 or at least the first half of 2019? Both, stock based and cash.
Mark had already invested almost all of the small fortune that he got for his share of GarageGames in Arcimoto years ago. There were several angel investors that also privately invested substantial sums after that. With that in mind aren't we being a bit harsh? Especially when this is compared to the conduct of Mr. Elio. I would imagine that Mark's paycheck has increased very little due to Arcimoto scraping the bottom of the money jar and consequently having to go back to the well of selling more stock several times in the last couple of years. You know as well as I do that not only has EM been taking in other people's money hand over fist, but they've (he's) also been paying certain people who were gullible enough to take them, including board members, for labor and services with stock options and writing checks his butt couldn't cash. Which are now worth what? Almost as little as our non-refundable reservations? Did Arcimoto spend $140 million of other people's dollars and produce nothing but unfinished prototypes and disappointed reservation holders and investors?

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For example, how much did ESG get paid for engineering services?
Isn't it common knowledge that EM paid ESG $22 million? And that Roush then had to basically redesign the vehicle in order that there would be any chance that the vehicles could be mass produced at anything near a reasonable cost?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it common knowledge that EM paid ESG $22 million? And that Roush then had to basically redesign the vehicle in order that there would be any chance that the vehicles could be mass produced at anything near a reasonable cost?
I never found how much ESG or even Roush got paid. I know ESG got paid in $25M in common stock (25M shares back in October 2011) but I never seen a cash amount. Only thing I can assume is that ESG has sold stock and thus they could have made that back. With no recent SEC filings, it's hard to tell what is going on. This is why you don't invest in companies that don't have SEC filings. This is because lots of things can go on and you have no idea that it's happening until it's too late.

What worries me is when the Eliocoin comes out and they start releasing SEC filings again (as per Paul, they will be doing this as it's scrutinized), you'll see a whole new set of financials and typically, the existing stockholders get shafted. In the end, that's OK as long as it gets the Elio closer to production. That's what we all want.

Top Bottom