1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by jdkeats, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

By the end of 2017, Elio had only $7,155 in the bank, and deficits of $49,674,327. Elio's own estimate was that an investment of $376.6Mil plus an additional $110.5Mil in reservation deposits would be necessary in order to go into production. Throughout 2018 and beyond, reservation deposits remained closed, and there was no concrete plan in place to raise the nearly half-billion dollars to proceed. Despite a lack of transparency as to their path forward, Elio announced a December 2019 production date.[3]

Elio continually responds to production timeline inquires with this quote: "The production date is estimated to be 76 weeks from the timely and successful completion of our current and subsequent fundraising efforts. The timing and availability of the funds can move and we will do everything we can to keep the project moving forward by utilizing each piece of funding received, as we receive it." There had been no indication throughout 2018-2019 that any fundraising was occurring.

2. Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger Elio Fan

Reservation #:
    Every few months I get an an email from this group saying just how you've missed me and I log in to see if I've missed anything. Nothing changes; same folks with the Pollyanna attitude singing "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow". I haven't received any communication from Elio in a few years it seems. I'm an early "all-in" guy. I still *need* an Elio but I stopped investing any consciousness into what is obviously a dead horse long ago. What puzzles me is why this page persists.

3. karl

karl Elio Addict

We continue to persist.

84mpg and ehwatt like this.
  4. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

Not beating a dead horse?

5. ehwatt

ehwatt Elio Addict

Living up to your name Aufgeblassen?
    So wie es scheint.

6. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

It is a made-up name.

7. ehwatt

ehwatt Elio Addict

I figured the second "s" was a typo. But your made up word has been around for a little while I would think, except for that "s".

84mpg likes this.
  8. Watashiwah

Watashiwah Elio Addict

Learned something new today, thanks!!

9. BaldGuy

BaldGuy Elio Addict

Why wouldn't we (this page) exist?
    I personally think (and said it before) Elio should have marketed a program geared towards older people to keep in shape and healthy to see the Elio one day. A bit like a religion promising a happy after life.
    Diet plans, health food, gyms, on-line health memberships, etc. The Elio system might have got more popular then the car, and helped to fund the car.

10. Made in USA

Made in USA Elio Addict

Why should we persist? Well, we all have (or had) a common interest. The fat lady hasn't sung yet, so maybe there is a tiny bit of hope? maybe we are hope that if Elio doesn't make it, someone else might? With a group of us trying to stay informed we might learn of something new little bit before the common public?

ehwatt likes this.