1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by jdkeats, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Geo

Geo Elio Fan

The real problem were the lies. First lie was it would be out in the next year (after the monies sent) by July, then April, then December, then, then.. The cash wasn't the problem, the lies were. Seen the prototype at a showing in Knoxville. People laughing, joking, and sitting in it. Then..then... NOTHING! $1000 isn't going to break me, hell I spend more on guns.... It the bald face lies that really piss me off... If this is the way a CEO of a company treats his investors, I'll take vanilla... My 2¢ feel free to make it your own...

2. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

All the statements made by startups that I’ve followed over the years while having reservations on their concepts, to include my refundable deposit on the Elio, were followed by Forward Looking Statements (FLS) indicating no guarantee of delivery. Apparently many reservationists didn’t read the FLS or take the FLS into account when calling those statements lies.

3. Watashiwah

Watashiwah Elio Addict

‘Forward Looking Statements’ are just protected ‘talk.’ What counts is bona fide attempts at follow thru. I don’t see much, if any, evidence of that. I think Paul and Hari relied on the concept to be appreciated, but stopped pursuing any manufacturing goals when the money was pouring in anyhow.

4. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Hey it's a beautiful Saturday out there. Is anyone putting the miles on their Elio?

5. 84mpg

84mpg Elio Addict

Yep.... sure have, but I’m a little disappointed. I’m only getting 83 mpg.

RUCRAYZE likes this.
  6. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

If you didn’t drive it so fast and furious, you could eek out that extra 1MPG

RUCRAYZE likes this.
  7. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Use Premium instead of regular, that helped me get the 84 (actually 87 if you don't smoke it at start) drive it like an old lady, you'll get the 84+
    I know it worked for me.

8. Aufgeblassen

Aufgeblassen Elio Addict

Can you post a pic of yours? Sounds awesome!

9. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Give me a day or two, I'll have to talk to the powers that be, because I'm not supposed to make it publicly known, I got one for development.
    And I'm not supposed to post pics, people would get a little pissy because I got one, and no one else did. So it's one of those hush-hush things.
    I'll probably get in trouble for even saying anything on here.

Maurtis and Rickb like this.
  10. Scott Berridge

Scott Berridge Elio Aficionado

Reservation #:
    Part of the attraction to the Elio for me was it looked like a fun car to drive around town for errands and such and for short hops to nearby towns like Lawrence, KS, and Kansas City. Plus I am attracted to unusual, quirky cars. I've started looking for something to drive so I can park my 2002 Chevy Avalanche except for when I need the haul capacity. Thinking of something like a used Mini Cooper, Fiat 500, PT Cruiser, Chevy HHR, something along those lines. Any thoughts or suggestions?