• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice pics! Good to see them. Thanks for posting.

IF ever available, I’d HAVE to get the extra set of fenders. I love the “Prowler” look on the Elio.

Some how - some way.... Paul HAS to get the thing built. It’s too good not to.
O yeah, it complements those front wheels perfectly!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it seems many of us old guys rule demographic were attracted to the Elio’s early retro styling and to good to be true price point. The Mickey’s Diner Retro Elio render is the look I was hoping for.

E219D067-45D5-4583-A8DF-1A06968B7760.jpeg

Last edited:

Build it RIGHT!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice pics! Good to see them. Thanks for posting.

IF ever available, I’d HAVE to get the extra set of fenders. I love the “Prowler” look on the Elio.

Some how - some way.... Paul HAS to get the thing built. It’s too good not to.

Re: Paul HAS to get the (Elio) built. Its too good not to.
At this point
From what Ive read, the impression I get is Paul Elio himself has been a major stumbling block..
Google "Professor Elio Seat".. IIRC Paul Elio used some students and designed a seat. Company that was going to produce the seat wanted control before investing a couple of million in tooling and wanted some say-so in day to day operations and Paul Elio KILLED the deal by NOT relinquishing control...
Seat never made into production. (IIRC 5 million dollars was generated, most likely bulk of it ending up in Paul Elio's back pocket.)

Same thing happened about Sep 2016 ? on the Elio itself in Paul refusing to relinquish control.. Group of investors was offering the money to get production up and rolling, but in exchange for the money they wanted control (Imagine that- Group of investors want a say-so.. What nerve !.. Paul Elio refused to relinquish control so investors said screw that and deal fell thru.

IMO Paul needs to realize not many (smart/ rich people or professionals) people are going to give him + 330 +/- Million Dollars, with no strings attached.

I would advise my clients to run away on such deals... from such persons, such deals as Paul has no track record of ever producing anything / running a company producing a product.

Last edited:

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As long as the Elio Website is still accepting non-refundable reservations and selling stock, Elio still has a cash cow going for it. It would be foolish for them to file for bankruptcy, they'd lose their cow, not to mention breaking the dam of impending law suits. If ever they do go, it will be very quietly.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio does go bankrupt. Hopefully Factory Five picks up the design and then you can do just what Elio did. Use a mid 90's Metro as the donor car, while they send you the same fiberglass body that's on the E series and the previous tube frame. Because the Orange on and that Silver one had most of a Geo Metro in it. Even the instrument cluster. The HVAC was literally from the Jegs catalog, same for the shocks.

They guy down the street from me that's building the Cobra has a helper that built an 818 Coupe. That thing uses some old Subaru as the donor car. I even think they used everything down to the door hinges off of that thing. Honestly, I thought it was a pretty nice car for it being a kit. The donor was from a Subaru that was rolled and the guy picked it up for like $500.

Even if you don't have the whole Metro, there are plenty of U Pull it junkyards that have at least a few hundred of them in various states so strippage.
Don't bank on it. One HUGE problem with that. The Geo frame and body made it a ten year car at best. There aren't enough old Geos and/or their drive trains left for any significant amount of DIY kits. I had some. Most of the few drive trains with any life at all left in them out there have already been cannibalized several times. The rest have been scrapped. Don't believe me? Check your big city Craig's Lists and your local junk yards. You're talking some very rare animals these days when you talk about the Geos and their drive trains. Anything Geo that still even runs has become rare and is considered a collectors item.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't given up on Elio, but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing ever happens...it would bring me great joy to see a company like Elio come out of the dirt and make this dream a reality when it seems like everything is fighting them.

I am starting to give up on this forum however.

Honestly, I don't post here much more, and only visit the page every few weeks. This is mostly because little to no new information is actually being presented to us anymore. 80% of the posts now-a-days are about other companies/protoypes, the Teslas haters, the Tesla fanboys, how the milennials never work for everything (sadly just barely fall into the age group, but would love to talk more about my life has been easier), opinions after opinions (insert online article here and my point is valid!)...no real facts or news anymore that we all used to come here and enjoyed discussing together. The tone of the forum has definitely changed over the years as we slowed our focus on the Elio, and started talking about everything else. I really enjoyed those days of discussing design changes to the Elio, customizing our potential future rides, how we could spread the word of the Elio, polls/debates on options or enhancements to our hopeful new Elios, even seeing the group feedback acknowledged by Elio Motors itself from our feedback! (i.e. gas door location, the death of the Elgin dash, standard features, etc...sadly no yellow still for you banana lovers).

I really hope we finally get some funding news sometime soon, ElioCoin or otherwise...since we know they company is spending all of 3 minutes a week with their current "archived" momentums. I will still be around in the hopeful change of events, eagerly waiting for my Elio like I know many others here are.

Top Bottom