• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless they priced it out of my range, or built a shadow of the potential, Yes I'd buy it.. I'd work what I've spent based on the image of the Elio, along with my "Z" into the appearance of it as well..
Z.jpg

Triangles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait what? There are people who still think the Elio is going to be made? :eek: It was apparent to me they would fail when they raised more than they needed to build the 25 prototypes and failed to build even a few. It would be nice if they succeeded but I don't know what universe they possibly could with the debt they've racked up. They have 0 proprietary tech. If someone wanted to manufacture an Elio like vehicle there's nothing stopping them.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, maybe it's time to give up on Paul Elio and move on. I wonder if another company would be interested if a large group signed a petition showing their interest. But who might be interested, while trying to keep some of the Elio Motors philosophy? I'm thinking Harley Davidson. Their motorcycle sales are off, they have built three wheelers before (just not fully enclosed) and are engineering electric now. I'm sure they would even consider making them in yellow.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Harley Davidson has always been known for a premium product at a premium price.

A Elio style vehicle engineered and produced by Harley Davidson would probably have a base price of a least $20,000...

John Quinn

Reaction score
I have been absent here a long time (I needed a break from the chatter about Elio) and looked up my deposit date is coming on it's 5th anniversary. This looks like it will never happen and I think we have all been duped. I wish I was wrong, but sure that I am not. The worst car start up tragedies ended up producing some cars. TUCKER, BRICKLIN, DELOREON, FISKER ALL CRASHED BUT DID PRODUCE SOME.
Yep.... a condenser and points were pretty cheap and easy.
I was fortunate. When they first went public, I bought $6,000 worth of stock and was able to sell for $12,000, so basically will get my car for free if they ever get manufacture. Of course I didn't bank the money but used it for some home improvements, but never the less!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was fortunate. When they first went public, I bought $6,000 worth of stock and was able to sell for $12,000, so basically will get my car for free if they ever get manufacture. Of course I didn't bank the money but used it for some home improvements, but never the less!
I'm like you. I made enough for 1.5 Elios during the pump and dump. Now I have a small amount and will see where that goes.

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glad somebody got something out of it. All I got was a lousy T shirt. (still in its bag) Maybe I can sell that someday. Even Enron stuff became worth something. Seems both Enron and Elio have become synonymous with "worthless" with a bit of "scam" mixed in.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glad somebody got something out of it. All I got was a lousy T shirt. (still in its bag) Maybe I can sell that someday. Even Enron stuff became worth something. Seems both Enron and Elio have become synonymous with "worthless" with a bit of "scam" mixed in.
Most people get into a lot of trouble by not READING THE FINE PRINT! Saves you a lot of headaches and frustrations!:frusty:

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given up? I don't know that I've given up, but my daily interest to see if anything is being done is certainly going downhill.

If an Elio were to made I certainly would pick up my interest, but gotta believe every day that passes with no information, is opportunity lost. I'm ever so glad I got my Chevy Volt, it is by far the best and funnest vehicle I've ever owned, and it passed lifetime 100mpg mark, so it has proven to be the perfect transition vehicle. I love driving it on extended trips on gas, but my daily work life is all electric.

I seriously think there is still a market for the Elio, but the enthusiasm across the board has gone to the crapper.

Even this forum has waned considerably over the last 6 months to a year.

I'm still interested, but reality has sunk in that the possibility of it happening are way way closer to zero than ever, and getting closer every day.

I don't regret dumping my cash into the SIL, or the stock. It has provided a lot of entertainment over the years!

Top Bottom