• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Just Upgraded To $1,000 All In!

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Congratulations! I have been toying with selling some Elio stock in order to up my $100 all-in to the $1000 level.
Decisions, decisions.

I was so close to buying stock but chickened out at the last minute! Smart move on your part as your investment will result in "bonus money" far greater than the 50% I will receive with my SIL money. Nice work :)

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Way to go Runt2! Congrats to you and your brother. Just curious, was the Roush signing news something that pushed you to take the leap?

We were trying to hold off as long as we could (to minimize risk), but yes, the Roush announcement was the final nudge that pushed us over the edge. We are very excited! I am impressed with all of you who have been on this boat since the beginning and continue to keep the faith and excitement despite the delays and criticism. We are almost there!!

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice!! That's going to be a roadtrip to remember! Curious how they'll perform going over the Continental Divide...That's way up there!

It will be a great trip. We'll vary our speed and rpm for the first 500 miles to give it a little break in period. The last 1000 miles will hypermiling and an a very serious competition to see who can get the highest miles per gallon. Coming down the Rockies will be a blast.

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
SIL numbers came today. 17,483 for my brother (runt1) and 17,484 for me (runt2). In case you wonder where the "runt" user name came from, my brother and I bought and overhauled two identical 3cyl geo metros a few years back and used runt1 and runt2 as our license plates. He gets first number and SIL because he's the mechanic and the smart one out of the two of us :)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any concern on your part about delivery? Sometimes to the exclusion of you and Alaska -shipping becomes an issue??
I didn't notice that; he does have an extra to add in.
I know shipping anything to there is expensive; coming the other direction not so much.
<For those of you that didn't notice:>
PB.gif

Bob's in Hawaii, Aloha Puna Bob!

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My brother and I couldn't restrain our enthusiasm any longer and did it within seconds of each other (planning to pick them up together and caravan home). Should receive our SIL#s next week. :)
My brother and I went all in on the same day back in July 2014, hours apart he got 5852 and I got 5863. Congrats!

Top Bottom