• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Only Just Heard About The Elio A Week Ago...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't put much thought into the actual purchase of my Elio. I'm in for $1000 plus the $500 bonus plus the "other" bonus they gave us real-early birds of which mine all adds up to $1,850 I believe. The remaining (I'm staying optimistic) $6,000 or so really won't add up to much of a payment if I chose to finance it. Hmm... financing for 3 years, $2,000 a year, about $200 a month would pay for it and probably the gas it uses too.

Fun will be had by all. I'll probably just pay for it upfront so I don't have the payment to bother with but who knows... I have another kid going off to college in 2017.

LaRue

Elio Fan
Reaction score
...and made my $250 reservation two days ago. Wish I could have sprung for the full grand, but at least I have a place in line.

I have a 52-mile round-trip commute, a 16 year-old Corolla with 320K that's about on its last legs, and with retirement looming in the next 6 years, a budget that won't stretch to accommodate the price of a new car and its accompanying insurance costs. The Elio is my dream car: It satisfies every need for a great price and the three-year warranty means peace of mind. When I described it to a friend over dinner the other night, she said, "Hell, you wouldn't even have to finance it; you could just put that on a credit card."
Some credit cards give a year with no interest!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
...and made my $250 reservation two days ago. Wish I could have sprung for the full grand, but at least I have a place in line.

I have a 52-mile round-trip commute, a 16 year-old Corolla with 320K that's about on its last legs, and with retirement looming in the next 6 years, a budget that won't stretch to accommodate the price of a new car and its accompanying insurance costs. The Elio is my dream car: It satisfies every need for a great price and the three-year warranty means peace of mind. When I described it to a friend over dinner the other night, she said, "Hell, you wouldn't even have to finance it; you could just put that on a credit card."
Welcome to the Elio Owners Forum Lisa from the Pacific NW.
I was reading the posts after your original one, and funny thing is, no one picked up on your "........ but at least I have a place in line."
I do hope you understand that yes, you have a place in line, but not a SIL (SIL=Spot In Line) these are the $1K All In folks that actually get a number issued to them prior to production; there is a big difference in the two.

As for the gas / payment card, it was something they talked about quite often at EM a couple of years ago, and continued for at least a year after. To find out if this is still going to be one of their financing options, I would suggest contacting Elio Motors directly and see what they say.
Yes, I did say one of their financing options; I believe they were going to offer different financing to the folks buying an Elio, here again, contact EM directly to find out.

Elio Owners Forum is not affiliated with Elio Motors.

Lisa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi Coss,

Yes, by "place in line," I meant that I don't have to wait for 52,000+ people to get theirs before I do; I'm one of the 52,000. I realize I'm pretty far down on the totem pole, but at least I'm on the pole. :)

I noticed today when visiting the configurator (for the umpteenth time - still trying to decide which fender I like best) that you can now rate the colors. I'm hoping that means they'll make a formerly "optional" color into one of the standard choices if it gets sufficient high ratings.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some credit cards give a year with no interest!
My experience with credit cards is that you seldom actually receive what is promised and usually pay the extortion rates by hook or crook. Like the time one moved their location and conveniently forgot to forward their mail (and my payment) and decided I was late with a payment invoking the penalty interest rate. I throw away tons of preapproved credit card apps as soon as I see 24% to 30% penalty rates, even if they are "0 interest" for a year to 18 months.

I do NOT trust loan sharks or the Government. Oops! Sorry for the redundancy.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Coss,

Yes, by "place in line," I meant that I don't have to wait for 52,000+ people to get theirs before I do; I'm one of the 52,000. I realize I'm pretty far down on the totem pole, but at least I'm on the pole. :)
Just to be the proverbial rain on the parade...

Anyone making a $500 or $1000 reservation will end up ahead of you in the queue. If you did a refundable reservation then all the non-refundable reservations, including any made after you would also leap frog you in line.

Lisa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well, there are ten days left for people who put down $500 or $1000 non-refundable to get ahead of me in line. I have to be okay with that, because I can't commit more than $250 now. The important thing is that I'm in line. And I see it this way: I'm WAY ahead of everyone who has never seen one and will want one in the future! :)

Lilly, thank you for the nice welcome.

Top Bottom