• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Only Just Heard About The Elio A Week Ago...

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've yet to get an answer to my request for the following; That is a request is for all those buying in the first year to get a document from Elio formally declaring the product number and date. That would add demonstrably to the collectable value. Don't you think?

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on paying for my Elio in one payment but the thought of using a credit card and then paying it off before any interest is accumulated for reward points is is very tempting
This is the way I put the 1k "all in" on a 9 month no interest card = $112 per month payment with the assurances that if (god forbid) EM goes down the fraud protection kicks in and I get the money back.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the way I put the 1k "all in" on a 9 month no interest card = $112 per month payment with the assurances that if (god forbid) EM goes down the fraud protection kicks in and I get the money back.
I'm just curious here... If EM doesn't come through with the vehicle you're gonna claim the $1000 as a fraudulent charge on the card even though the agreement you made with Elio specifically states its non-refundable and they are under no obligation to sell you a car?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, there are ten days left for people who put down $500 or $1000 non-refundable to get ahead of me in line. I have to be okay with that, because I can't commit more than $250 now. The important thing is that I'm in line. And I see it this way: I'm WAY ahead of everyone who has never seen one and will want one in the future! :)

Lilly, thank you for the nice welcome.
Once they get producing Elios, they have the capability of building 533 per shift. If they only work one shift, the difference between the 10,000th Elio and the 50,000th Elio is only 75 days. No worries. Embrace the wait. It'll be fun once you start seeing them on the road!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Coss,
<snipped>
I noticed today when visiting the configurator (for the umpteenth time - still trying to decide which fender I like best) that you can now rate the colors. I'm hoping that means they'll make a formerly "optional" color into one of the standard choices if it gets sufficient high ratings.
At first I was going to ask where you saw that, so I went back in, clicked on the little star in the corner of the color and saw where the rating vote came up.
I kind of wish they had a running total of what colors are getting the votes; but we would end up with the trolls machines voting for one to skew the results; we went through the same thing when they were voting for the P5 color.

The other thing I saw new was the TPMS & Filler now; you fill the tire and the car beeps and flashes the lights once to show it's at pressure; or you can have it send to a smart phone and adjust the pressure as you want through the app.
Speaking of smart phone apps; the Skyz system no longer specifies iPhone; it now says "any smart phone, watch and something else" which says to me it now supports Android.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just curious here... If EM doesn't come through with the vehicle you're gonna claim the $1000 as a fraudulent charge on the card even though the agreement you made with Elio specifically states its non-refundable and they are under no obligation to sell you a car?
I hope it doesn't come to that but it's worth a try.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At first I was going to ask where you saw that, so I went back in, clicked on the little star in the corner of the color and saw where the rating vote came up.
I kind of wish they had a running total of what colors are getting the votes; but we would end up with the trolls machines voting for one to skew the results; we went through the same thing when they were voting for the P5 color.

The other thing I saw new was the TPMS & Filler now; you fill the tire and the car beeps and flashes the lights once to show it's at pressure; or you can have it send to a smart phone and adjust the pressure as you want through the app.
Speaking of smart phone apps; the Skyz system no longer specifies iPhone; it now says "any smart phone, watch and something else" which says to me it now supports Android.
One more thing I noticed is that the carpet selector now defaults at "no carpet". I'm sure it didn't used to say that. It was kind of ambiguous to the point I thought the Elio would come with black carpet unless otherwise specified.

Top Bottom