• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Only Just Heard About The Elio A Week Ago...

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the way I put the 1k "all in" on a 9 month no interest card = $112 per month payment with the assurances that if (god forbid) EM goes down the fraud protection kicks in and I get the money back.
If Elio goes down and it isn't a fraud, you have no protection. But I suppose anything is better than nothing.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't come to that but it's worth a try.
I agree that we all hope it doesn't come to that. But I think you'll have very little chance to make a successful fraud claim.

For one thing I'm retty sure there is a short time limit for making a credit card fraud claim. Like 90 days or somewhere around there.

Plus you could be taking a risk of Elio and/or your credit card company making a fraud claim against you for claiming fraud when you knew the charge was for a non-refundable reservation.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on paying for my Elio in one payment but the thought of using a credit card and then paying it off before any interest is accumulated for reward points is is very tempting
If you're disciplined enough and your Credit card company doesn't try any trick, that would be fine. I just don't trust any NY (Chase, Citigroup, etc.) banks to not pull something. A local S&L or CU CC should be fine.

LaRue

Elio Fan
Reaction score
...and made my $250 reservation two days ago. Wish I could have sprung for the full grand, but at least I have a place in line.

I have a 52-mile round-trip commute, a 16 year-old Corolla with 320K that's about on its last legs, and with retirement looming in the next 6 years, a budget that won't stretch to accommodate the price of a new car and its accompanying insurance costs. The Elio is my dream car: It satisfies every need for a great price and the three-year warranty means peace of mind. When I described it to a friend over dinner the other night, she said, "Hell, you wouldn't even have to finance it; you could just put that on a credit card."

Top Bottom