• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Remember This Forum ...

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I have ridden several and own two, one of which I have ridden over 80,000 miles. They are completely awesome bikes, designed and build by a man that truly understands engineering and motorcycles - but not, apparently, business.
BTW, his "departure" from Harley-Davidson was a viciously vindictive f***ing by HD, ask any insider.
I think you got a couple of Buell's built the right time of the week then, everyone I know who's had one thought they were as fickle as a teen in love. I would agree ones that don't have an issue tend to stay that way, but I know several people who swear at them, not by them. :(

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't visit this site as much as I used to just because there hasn't been much new information posted lately (there hasn't been much new info to post), and I guess I've lost some interest. That will change when something big happens, like they get the funding, or something else of that magnitude...

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does no one else here think Honda walks on water? :rolleyes::D

I do, but here's what I see as Honda's problem...they can build the best motorcycles in the world, but they can't market for chit! Look at how many awesome bikes they've produced that have been discontinued because they don't know how to market...they need to hire Harley's markters...now THEY know how to market!

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think you got a couple of Buell's built the right time of the week then, everyone I know who's had one thought they were as fickle as a teen in love. I would agree ones that don't have an issue tend to stay that way, but I know several people who swear at them, not by them. :(

Every one I have worked on runs and performs just fine. Strangely, the ones that have had no maintenance or have been worked on by motorcycle shop hacks seem to have no end of problems. I guess the dozens I have dealt with were the only good ones - oh, wait, I have met hundreds of riders at multiple Buell Homecomings that have had the exact same experience, including one that Erik gave the rear wheel off his personal bike when his was damaged. I seriously doubt Fujimoto Honda would do that, or buy me a beer at a local bar, or talk with owners for hours about motorcycles or put on a free show with his rock band... Mr. Davidson is similarly unapproachable.
Exactly how many Buells have you ridden?

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love Honda bikes ever since the little S90 I got when I was 15. But when Honda engineers screw up they do it in a big way. Back in the early 80's the V4 Magna and Sabre models had steel oil lines to supply oil to the heads. The oil was taken from the back side of the transmission where after it had passed through the engine and transmission had little oil pressure. (I think the real oil system engineer was out sick the day that was incorporated.) Many of those engines died of top end problems with only 20 to 25k miles. I've got 4 of them myself.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every one I have worked on runs and performs just fine. Strangely, the ones that have had no maintenance or have been worked on by motorcycle shop hacks seem to have no end of problems. I guess the dozens I have dealt with were the only good ones - oh, wait, I have met hundreds of riders at multiple Buell Homecomings that have had the exact same experience, including one that Erik gave the rear wheel off his personal bike when his was damaged. I seriously doubt Fujimoto Honda would do that, or buy me a beer at a local bar, or talk with owners for hours about motorcycles or put on a free show with his rock band... Mr. Davidson is similarly unapproachable.
Exactly how many Buells have you ridden?
A couple different Buell Blasts my friends had, I believe they were both 2001 or '02, I don't remember who worked on them they were fairly new at the time, but both had issues with creeping. I'm also not a fan of Harley's either, at least nothing in the past several decades, though it seems like everyone these days has at least two.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love Honda bikes ever since the little S90 I got when I was 15. But when Honda engineers screw up they do it in a big way. Back in the early 80's the V4 Magna and Sabre models had steel oil lines to supply oil to the heads. The oil was taken from the back side of the transmission where after it had passed through the engine and transmission had little oil pressure. (I think the real oil system engineer was out sick the day that was incorporated.) Many of those engines died of top end problems with only 20 to 25k miles. I've got 4 of them myself.
I agree, the v4 Sabre sucks I'm not even sure if I've seen any on the road in the past decade. CB's now they're a whole other matter. Though not a huge street bike fan, I still see periodically and would if I could could ride a '71 CB750 all day long and not get bored. And personally, if it doesn't have a kick start, it's just not a motorcycle to me, I've got no problem with people who like or need electric start, I just like kicking bikes over.

Top Bottom