• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Shall Call It "total Enviormental Impact!"

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
some of us are old enough to remember the gloom and doom from proponents of the theory that greenhouse gasses were building to where they would block the sun's rays and bring on a new ice age .... when that proved to be bogus, they shifted gears and started streaming warnings of universal destruction from global warming ..... when that proved to be bogus, moved to climate change and spouted the same horrific projections .... naturally, the cure for all of these curses is said to be the same ..... I got news for you, the earth's climate changes .... always has, always will .... I'm glad there are folks who worry about carbon footprints and such .... my belief is, its an agenda from folks who believe in a lifestyle and feel compelled to push it on those who don't

Jim

the old days weren't that long ago!, but to your point,greenhouses, global warning, climate change are buzzwords from the same cloth indeed.
Let me start with the famous quote before going on the "I'm not a scientist but....." is more of a cop-out than your clear opinion, and I can respect it (don't agree, but thats cool- no pun intended!) If you don't believe in "science". It's like religion -faith trounces facts, you can't convince nor demonstrate either beliefs to the non-believers. So let us pursue our common goal of driving our Elio (but boy am I happy it has A/C ) lol

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let me start with the famous quote before going on the "I'm not a scientist but....." is more of a cop-out than your clear opinion, and I can respect it (don't agree, but thats cool- no pun intended!) If you don't believe in "science". It's like religion -faith trounces facts, you can't convince nor demonstrate either beliefs to the non-believers. So let us pursue our common goal of driving our Elio (but boy am I happy it has A/C ) lol

I'm not a scientist either, nor did I play one on TV .... I am certified to teach a range of sciences and did do for just over 30 years at at secondary level .... one can certainly choose the scientific results they want and then can go find studies to back their point .... example : according to coal industry studies, burning coal isn't a problem .... according to studies funded by folks who are against burning fossil fuels, burning coal is a major problem .... there is no consistency across the matter, the results fall back to the old "Answers Will Vary" .... so, to borrow a line with which I most certainly agree, "let us pursue our common goal of driving our Elio (but boy am I happy it has A/C ) .. :)

Jim

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the old days weren't that long ago!, but to your point,greenhouses, global warning, climate change are buzzwords from the same cloth indeed.
Back in 1975, the fear was a cooling earth. Science changes all the time. Religions (for the most part) don't really change. I for one, don't have much faith in scientific theories. A proven scientific fact is something to believe in. :)

Attachments

• cooling world.pdf
    293.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
whi
Back in 1975, the fear was a cooling earth. Science changes all the time. Religions (for the most part) don't really change. I for one, don't have much faith in scientific theories. A proven fact is something to believe in. :)

which part of a religion is a proven fact, - , thought religion was faith based but I could be way off the mark here. doesn't really matter though, this has been the question for centuries and minds greater than ours- well at least mine, have been kicking it around, with no resolve. I accept that you don't have much faith in scientific theories, but be careful walking under apple trees (lol). This is too serious and never ending discussion, lets get back to hoping the science of car building, and our faith in Paul combine for our mutual goal

Last edited:

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing, retired science teacher?

Top Bottom