• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Took Delivery Of My New Elio Today !

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree. They are hard to get into though. I like the looks of the side pipes but dang, they burn.

I’ve burned myself on the side pipe several times...I have to warn passengers to lift their legs over the side pipes as they step in the cockpit...

And...as a result of the side pipes exiting by the side of the vehicle... in slow moving traffic the exhaust fumes permeate the interior...my wife always says I smell like “Cobra” when I come out of the car...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’ve burned myself on the side pipe several times...I have to warn passengers to lift their legs over the side pipes as they step in the cockpit...

And...as a result of the side pipes exiting by the side of the vehicle... in slow moving traffic the exhaust fumes permeate the interior...my wife always says I smell like “Cobra” when I come out of the car...
I suppose the car would be just as much fun with exhaust exiting out the back like the originals did but still... They look too cool with the side pipes.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
7420DA86-2339-4B34-BEC3-3D15A6CF12AB.jpeg
I suppose the car would be just as much fun with exhaust exiting out the back like the originals did but still... They look too cool with the side pipes.

Most of the later production wide-body 427‘s were equipped with side pipes...but you’re correct..many were produced with rear exhaust systems...which is probably a more practical solution for everyday use...

At car shows... I’m always worry about small kids brushing up against the side pipes and burning themselves...

Last edited:
Top Bottom