• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Took Delivery Of My New Elio Today !

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
270CA632-B0DA-4593-9568-3F80EE03DDDE.jpeg
I really liked the Superformance cars. Almost bought one of them. Exquisite detail underneath... perfectly bent brake lines, great spacing on retainers, etc. In the end, I just couldn't quite convince my wife to let me get it. Almost... not quite.

Hey Ty...

Superformance makes a wonderful reproduction of a early “Slabside” 289 Cobra/Ace...

Plenty of time to sweet talk your wife before Christmas!

It would make an awesome Christmas present to yourself!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I had a supercharged Miata, it was a bit of a tinker-toy, but it never left me stranded. What was the main issue with the turbo?

I was planning on using the Elio as a commuter so I could then turn my Miata into a fun project car. Either supercharged or turbo, along with a 2.5 motor swap. But for now, she needs to stay reliable as my commuter so no major work yet.

I have no problem waiting since I still love commuting in the Miata. I considered just getting another Miata (first gen) to use as a project vehicle instead. While I prefer the idea of the Elio in my driveway and a project Miata in the garage, the Elio has to get made for that to happen.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was planning on using the Elio as a commuter so I could then turn my Miata into a fun project car. Either supercharged or turbo, along with a 2.5 motor swap. But for now, she needs to stay reliable as my commuter so no major work yet.

I have no problem waiting since I still love commuting in the Miata. I considered just getting another Miata (first gen) to use as a project vehicle instead. While I prefer the idea of the Elio in my driveway and a project Miata in the garage, the Elio has to get made for that to happen.
IMG_2550.JPG

$4000 and it's yours! (hardtop included)

Also for sale, 12 second S10 Blazer, 1970 Yamaha R5 350 and a White GT 1855 tractor. I have to make room for the next toy....

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 22539

$4000 and it's yours! (hardtop included)
Put a TDI motor in it. There are plenty of ALH motors out there (complete cars for $1K). They get 50+ mpg and weigh in at 2900 lbs. I'd think with a Miata and that 90hp with 115 ft/lbs of torque, you'd have a mileage monster. I know that with a tune you can get 115hp and even better mileage than stock. It's not Elio mileage but it could tide you over for a year.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Put a TDI motor in it. There are plenty of ALH motors out there (complete cars for $1K). They get 50+ mpg and weigh in at 2900 lbs. I'd think with a Miata and that 90hp with 115 ft/lbs of torque, you'd have a mileage monster. I know that with a tune you can get 115hp and even better mileage than stock. It's not Elio mileage but it could tide you over for a year.
This one is in the 190hp range, not really a mileage machine, but a good Mustang killer..:D

Top Bottom