• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Took Delivery Of My New Elio Today !

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FAD473C3-A728-4E22-8905-452A056AC040.jpeg
I was planning on using the Elio as a commuter so I could then turn my Miata into a fun project car. Either supercharged or turbo, along with a 2.5 motor swap. But for now, she needs to stay reliable as my commuter so no major work yet.

I have no problem waiting since I still love commuting in the Miata. I considered just getting another Miata (first gen) to use as a project vehicle instead. While I prefer the idea of the Elio in my driveway and a project Miata in the garage, the Elio has to get made for that to happen.

Be bold...why not a Jag V12 engine! LOL

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 22541

Be bold...why not a Jag V12 engine! LOL

LOL, that is pretty mean! It comes down to money and enjoyment, really. $10k gets you a reliable 2.5L motor with forged internals, good quality turbo kit, and 300HP to the wheels and retains good driveability. That combo is pretty hard to beat in a 2,500 lb car. And for more performance but lower reliability that 2.5L motor has the capability to run higher boost but 300HP is a good place without having to replace transmission, axles, etc.

If the company I work for gets bought out any time soon and I find myself on a ridiculous pile of cash, an LS3 swap gets you ridiculous power and a V8 rumble for $30k - $40k. But that requires new transmission, differential, blah blah blah. But it makes for a mean sleeper!

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've owned a Miata and an RX7 and always wondered why Mazda never put the rotary in the Miata....
The Miata was the rebirth of the British sports car (looking at you Lotus Elan), having a RWD 4 pot up front was on their must-haves. Plus cost, the Miata was to be affordable, the Wankel would have jacked the price up too far.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom