• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Took Delivery Of My New Elio Today !

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
859D3CBD-CD37-4D61-B59E-B4EA0ECFAD6A.jpeg
Another one of my Elio substitute’s...a heavily modified Brabus Smart Car...

Added custom drilled (3 lug) 17” alloys... ...wider high-performance tires...performance springs and shocks...larger brakes...sport exhaust system...upgraded audio system with voice navigation...etc...

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I had a supercharged Miata, it was a bit of a tinker-toy, but it never left me stranded. What was the main issue with the turbo?

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I had a supercharged Miata, it was a bit of a tinker-toy, but it never left me stranded. What was the main issue with the turbo?

As with most low volume aftermarket turbo kit installations...the engineering of the kit left something to be desired...the biggest issue was getting the transmission to operate smoothly after the addition of the turbo kit...451 series Smart Cars have always been plagued with jerky transmissions...the turbo kit just amplified the OEM transmission’s weakness...

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As with most low volume aftermarket turbo kit installations...the engineering of the kit left something to be desired...the biggest issue was getting the transmission to operate smoothly after the addition of the turbo kit...451 series Smart Cars have always been plagued with jerky transmissions...the turbo kit just amplified the OEM transmission’s weakness...
I could see that being an issue, I've heard that was their Achilles heel.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
9821672B-7974-4886-AD51-7864330E4A3C.jpeg
C2094D4A-7B33-4F8D-B05F-0B9BB27DE9C7.jpeg
Here’s another one of my fun Elio substitute projects...

A “Carlsson” modified Smart Car...

“Carlsson” is a German headquarted tuning company...

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 22528 I've had a Elio deposit since 2013...thought the Elio would make a fun automotive play-toy...appeared to be a very cool concept...

But realistically...Paul was never able to produce even one finished production ready & spec validated prototype...it appear 150 million just evaporated due to poor fiscal controls...

No big deal...life goes on...and new play-toys are added to my garage..but probably never an Elio...

My latest has a bit of Roush engineering (just like the Elio)...

i1226.photobucket.com_albums_ee417_willow1308_Shelby_20Cobra_Cobra2013.jpg

i1226.photobucket.com_albums_ee417_willow1308_Shelby_20Cobra_Cobra003.jpg
Wow

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Backdraft...similar to a Superformance...both made in South Africa...

Turnkey except for power-plant and transmission...
I really liked the Superformance cars. Almost bought one of them. Exquisite detail underneath... perfectly bent brake lines, great spacing on retainers, etc. In the end, I just couldn't quite convince my wife to let me get it. Almost... not quite.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really liked the Superformance cars. Almost bought one of them. Exquisite detail underneath... perfectly bent brake lines, great spacing on retainers, etc. In the end, I just couldn't quite convince my wife to let me get it. Almost... not quite.

The Superformance was one of the few that actually paid a licensing fee to Shelby...

Thankfully...my wife loves automobiles...she is always excited when I bring a new one home...

Top Bottom