• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Was Hoping For A Lack Of "nay Sayers" When I Joined This Forum

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The really weird thing is, I came before all of them. Elvis, Cher and Zoro all appeared during my teen years if I remember correctly. LOL :) Z

The really weird thing is, I came before all of them. Elvis, Cher and Zoro all appeared during my teen years if I remember correctly. LOL :) Z

Knowing that we are the same age, I can assure you that Zorro was here well before us!! - he was born in 1919!!!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I was correct for 2 out of 3. Elvis Presley and the Zorro tv series were both popular in the last half of the 1950s. Cher, on the other hand, was popular in the mid 60s. So I was still around before they were. LOL :) Z

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So there was Elvis and the Cher and of course Z for Zoro and then just Z..I am impressed.
I can relate. My friends call me Rosco and I tell them that I only have one name, just like Elvis, Cher and now "Z". I blame Rosco P. Coltrain, from The Dukes of Hazzard and would still dislike the show if not for Daisy Duke.
I loved the fact that they beat the crap out of an early 70's Charger just like my wife drove back when she was just my girlfriend.
When I met my future wife, she was driving a 1970 Dodge Charger RT. She doesn't remember what she got for it in trade on a '76 Chevrolet Monza, but does remember that she bought it for $500, 383 and a torqueflight. We recently watched a Barret Jackson auction and she asked me what I thought her car would be worth today, and I told her, It doesn't matter, I would do the same thing now as I did back then, get rid of the POS. Doors didn't close, Gear reduction starter, a real POS. The girlfriend, now wife, A real keeper. The Charger, Good Riddance.

Last edited:

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can relate. My friends call me Rosco and I tell them that I only have one name, just like Elvis, Cher and now "Z". I blame Rosco P. Coltrain, from The Dukes of Hazzard and would still dislike the show if not for Daisy Duke.
I loved the fact that they beat the crap out of an early 70's Charger just like my wife drove back when she was just my girlfriend.
When I met my future wife, she was driving a 1970 Dodge Charger RT. She doesn't remember what she sold it for, but does remember that she bought it for $500, 383 and a torqueflight. We recently watched a Barret Jackson auction and she asked me what I thought her car would be worth today, and I told her, It doesn't matter, I would do the same thing now as I did back then, get rid of the POS. Doors didn't close, Gear reduction starter, a real POS. The girlfriend, now wife, A real keeper. The Charger, Good Riddance.
She did not buy the Charger new for $500 so was probably a very go
When I met my future wife, she was driving a 1970 Dodge Charger RT. She doesn't remember what she sold it for, but does remember that she bought it for $500, 383 and a torqueflight. We recently watched a Barret Jackson auction and she asked me what I thought her car would be worth today, and I told her, It doesn't matter, I would do the same thing now as I did back then, get rid of the POS. Doors didn't close, Gear reduction starter, a real POS. The girlfriend, now wife, A real keeper. The Charger, Good Riddance.
remember those 1970 s vehicles like RT were built for speed not comfort or necessarily quality. I was looking for a 1969 Dodge Charger when my dad driving by a dealership to see what I was talking about found a 70 Dodge Super Bee 383 auto. I went to look and brought it home. How old was the RT when she bought? MOPAR was great at what they did.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
She did not buy the Charger new for $500 so was probably a very go
remember those 1970 s vehicles like RT were built for speed not comfort or necessarily quality. I was looking for a 1969 Dodge Charger when my dad driving by a dealership to see what I was talking about found a 70 Dodge Super Bee 383 auto. I went to look and brought it home. How old was the RT when she bought? MOPAR was great at what they did.
She graduated high school in 1975 and bought it her senior year. A very good friend of mine bought the only 1970 Hemi Cuda in my town. He was the service manager for the local Chrysler/Plymouth dealer. He got it at cost and paid $3,011 for it, he told me the engine was a $900 option. He wanted the Mopar performance block, so he warranted the engine out and put all the internals into the new block and the dealership sent the block back to Detroit. He only kept it a couple years, as the oil embargo hit and insurance rates skyrocketed so he sold it.
It traded hands 2 years ago for $400,000 and a 1967 427 Corvette, and keep in mind it is not a 'numbers matching' car as the block had been changed out. He told me the block sat out behind the shop on a pallet for quite a few months until the service writer decided to get rid of all the warranted parts

Last edited:
Top Bottom