• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Idk Who Steve Mckenney Is But He Seems To Like The Elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
simple math, they have $47m, they need $200m, all are Elio's figures.
That you know about. Let's face it none of us know how much money Elio has or does not have. We only know what they tell us or what is rumored or speculated. I personally prefer not to be a doomsday gloom spreader and look forward to the day when I can say "See there! That is my Elio!" It pays to be a believer!

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That you know about. Let's face it none of us know how much money Elio has or does not have. We only know what they tell us or what is rumored or speculated. I personally prefer not to be a doomsday gloom spreader and look forward to the day when I can say "See there! That is my Elio!" It pays to be a believer!
I'm just posting what moderator said Elio had ($47m). I'm a realist. Faith does not get this built. Money does. I want people to be aware of what they are getting into, if they are putting money down that they cannot afford to lose and I said, oh yeah it's definitely going to be built, don't worry about it, and it's not built. It would bother me. I couldn't do that to someone.

Last edited:

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I remember right, they revealed they had $47million when they had about 6500 reservations in late Dec 2013 or early Jan 2014. We don't know where they are at with investments now.

Well if they have 8k more reservations, even at "all in" for $1k, that is another $8m, so $55m. Elio has stated they would spend $100m on plant alone.
http://www.economicdevelopmenthq.com/blog/elio-motors-shreveport-gm-louisiana/
http://www.areadevelopment.com/news...turing-plant-shreveport-louisiana562023.shtml
So that's great, but a long way from $200m.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well if they have 8k more reservations, even at "all in" for $1k, that is another $8m, so $55m. Elio has stated they would spend $100m on plant alone.
http://www.economicdevelopmenthq.com/blog/elio-motors-shreveport-gm-louisiana/
http://www.areadevelopment.com/news...turing-plant-shreveport-louisiana562023.shtml
So that's great, but a long way from $200m.
Did you know that they had 47 million the day before they stated they had 47 million? My point is reservations have more than doubled, we don't know that the investments have also been growing at a similar pace.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did you know that they had 47 million the day before they stated they had 47 million? My point is reservations have more than doubled, we don't know that the investments have also been growing at a similar pace.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, more money. That's not good enough for you? I'm saying they had $47m (moderator's #) the day you stated they had 6500 reservations. In case you have not noticed market is down. So if Elio invested in market, they may have even less $$. Today up, but not enough to cover losses for week. I'm giving Elio the benefit of doubt with more money. Could Elio have made more, like half or all of what they need. Sure. But, they certainly would have let us know that funding was in place. Without a doubt.

Think about it this way. How would it play out on the Shark Tank? Any potential investors would do the same thing the "sharks" would do. Valuation, assets, patents, orders, sales, etc., etc.,.Maybe start a chain letter asking everyone in the USA for $1.00, and see where it goes from there. I don't know. But if I (like any other potential investor) were investing $10m (I don't have $10m), I would certainly not be a silent partner, and I would definitely want a big cut of the action. What do you think big time investors would want?. Is Elio going to get a $150m line of credit from IAV or another supplier?

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, more money. That's not good enough for you? I'm saying they had $47m (moderator's #) the day you stated they had 6500 reservations. In case you have not noticed market is down. So if Elio invested in market, they may have even less $$. Today up, but not enough to cover losses for week. I'm giving Elio the benefit of doubt with more money. Could Elio have made more, like half or all of what they need. Sure. But, they certainly would have let us know that funding was in place. Without a doubt.

Think about it this way. How would it play out on the Shark Tank? Any potential investors would do the same thing the "sharks" would do. Valuation, assets, patents, orders, sales, etc., etc.,.Maybe start a chain letter asking everyone in the USA for $1.00, and see where it goes from there. I don't know. But if I (like any other potential investor) were investing $10m (I don't have $10m), I would certainly not be a silent partner, and I would definitely want a big cut of the action. What do you think big time investors would want?. Is Elio going to get a $150m line of credit from IAV or another supplier?
I was wondering that too. Do they need $200M or just access to $200M with of lines of credit? Seems if they had enough pre-orders that companies like IAV would be more willing to set aside production capability for Elio. But, I'm no financial wizard. Of course, probably none of us know what the exact financials are... hopefully, they'll make some kind of feel good announcement soon.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure the $200 million is a combination of cash and supplier credit however they will need a lot of cash to get started. Aside from needing to build and test up to 25 pre-production models which will undoubtedly cost millions of dollars the single biggest cash outlay in Elio Motors future is for setting up the plant itself. The financial plan they released last year shows about $90 million dollars going to setting up the plant including about $38 million for tooling and $37 million for equipment.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6pgWLAKqAbLSkNUUURwNlNHMTQ/edit

Top Bottom