• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If Oil Prices Rose, Would Elio Rise With Them?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
jCar, irrespective of whether I agree with you or not, saying the same thing over and over again with only slightly different wording...
In an attempt to clarify a point to people who are immovable in their beliefs and opinions is pointless and just stirs the pot.
I personally think you've done a damn fine job of presenting your case in crystal clarity... quite a few posts ago.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another consideration is that electric vehicles require batteries. Most of these batteries require cobalt in their construction. If the mines can't produce enough to satisfy the global market, then prices for it will go up. It also means a possible limit on how many vehicles can be produced. See the following site: https://seekingalpha.com/article/40...sla?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-widget

They determined: Cobalt production from existing mines and those under construction does not meet demand projected by Tesla and Chinese and European manufacturers for the next five years. And it usually takes a lot longer than five years to bring a mine into production once sponsors have made initial commitments.

If this happens then gas vehicles will have to make up the difference to meet demand. Looks good for Elio.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OOOOoh boy.... what a can of worms.

First, peak oil.
A valid theory, but not a slam into the wall occurrence.

I'll skip all of the theory and get to a more important point:
The difference between an over supply (glut) and under supply (crisis) is only 3% of production.
This can easily be created in either direction due to military conflict (regional or global), political upheaval, or supply bottleneck.

I remember that The Elio would create a decrease in over demand of oil by as much as .5% which is not insignificant.

To answer the original question:

If Oil Prices Rose, Would Elio Rise With Them?
Yes. Absolutely!

$3/gal would get people thinking again.
$4/gal would get Elio in the spotlight.
$5/gal would get Elio funded immediately.

Peal Oil is a factor, but only a single factor in a large, complex orchestra that guides the price of fuel and transportation.

Global conflict will have a much more pronounced effect on fuel prices than peak oil.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Crude oil may not be as finite as many think. The earth is constantly producing crude (it doesn't only come from dead dinosaurs), but nobody knows at what rate it's produced...is it producing more than we are using, or less? No one knows yet...Also, I don't know why people are only focused on the fuel economy aspect of the Elio. Why do people believe it's success depends on high gas prices? The Elio is good enough to sell big numbers based on it's uniqueness alone, not to mention how much fun it would be to drive, how economical it would be to own/maintain, and a myriad of other reasons to own one...

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Crude oil may not be as finite as many think. The earth is constantly producing crude (it doesn't only come from dead dinosaurs), but nobody knows at what rate it's produced...is it producing more than we are using, or less? No one knows yet...Also, I don't know why people are only focused on the fuel economy aspect of the Elio. Why do people believe it's success depends on high gas prices? The Elio is good enough to sell big numbers based on it's uniqueness alone, not to mention how much fun it would be to drive, how economical it would be to own/maintain, and a myriad of other reasons to own one...

I am so glad to hear someone else touting Abiotic Oil!!! Haha, all that we learned in grammar school about the dead dinosaurs and vegetation making all these huge, and somehow new, pockets of oil?? The 'science' and 'research' aren't agreeing much with us, but the abundance of new, deep oil fields and discoveries sure does. Dinosaurs!! Ha!!!

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's an article about Tesla that talks about the price of oil going up soon. Don't know if he's right or wrong, but its interesting.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4109224-tesla-sleeping-wheel

The financial data is pretty interesting but the attitude of the article is laughable.

The article author:
"Tesla is asleep at the wheel"
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, honey, nooooo....... You are ADORABLE!!!

Tesla is doing just fine. Model 3 is ramping up, the Electric Truck is just around the corner, rumors of bringing back the Roadster with modern technology and sub 2 second 0-60, rumored pickup truck.

But they are a asleep because they don't flood the market and reduce the value of their produce.

Is oil likely to go up? Possibly, and in a twisted way, I hope it does.
It will simply being power production back to the USA and improve the market for my 2 favorite car makers, Tesla and Elio.

Top Bottom