• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If You Don't Believe....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't get the snide government comments. I could be wrong, but didn't the local Caddo Parrish set the groundwork to create 1500 jobs for Shreveport residents and provide EM with manufacturing facilities and local tax incentives to do so? Isn't that government supportiing and partnering with EM. One of the many incentives is a 16% kickback on each individual employees salary. Incentives run over a 10 year period if or when EM starts hiring. I could be wrong.

Didn't government save GM Auto manufacturing jobs as a result of poor private sector mismanagement? I could be wrong.

Did the private sector job creators benefit from the Billions of dollars of low interest loans made available by the DOE Loan Program, Ford Motors tops the ATVM loan approval at $5.9 Billion. EM is hoping for their ATVM Loan application approval, so am I. Is this good government partnering with the private sector? I think so. I could be wrong.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't get the snide government comments. I could be wrong, but didn't the local Caddo Parrish set the groundwork to create 1500 jobs for Shreveport residents and provide EM with manufacturing facilities and local tax incentives to do so? Isn't that government supportiing and partnering with EM. One of the many incentives is a 16% kickback on each individual employees salary. Incentives run over a 10 year period if or when EM starts hiring. I could be wrong.

Didn't government save 1.5 million GM Auto manufacturing jobs as a result of private sector mismanagement? I could be wrong.

Did the private sector job creators benefit from the Billions of dollars of low interest loans made available by the DOE Loan Program, Ford Motors tops the ATVM loan approval at $5.9 Billion. EM is hoping for their ATVM Loan application approval, so am I. Is this good government partnering with the private sector? I think so. I could be wrong.

View attachment 4909

Rick,
I agree in theory, but one caveat, you didn't mention that Private Sector created the initial need. Good government and I stress the word good, provides some of the means for that partnering. Yes they did build that, GM is responsible for those jobs being lost. However, sometimes, Government might want to check history, just to see if there is a pattern of transgressions, before they provide the partnering to start the cycle all over again. Just saying....

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
  1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "vicious ad hominem attacks"
I am stunned by the words and attitudes exhibited in this thread against anyone who dares speak questioningly about Elio Motors. This is a forum of people who are the very first buyers of Elio vehicles, who are all excited about the concept and the company, who can hardly wait to drive their Elio.
"Elio-ism" is not a religion, nor is it a political party. We have done a very good job of maintaining a non-religious, non-political forum with very little real bickering going on.
So let us stop trying to create opposite sides in our boredom. No one on here wishes anything but success for Elio Motors.
BUT- that said, we all have the right as well as the responsibility to question everything about EM, just as we have about the gas cap location, the dash, the tires, the...well, you get the idea.
My one and only reason for being daringly inquisitive is that we, the "family" of current Elio buyers, are not kept in a constant loop of information.
I have a picture of the Elio posted in my place of business, I talk up the Elio any and every chance I get, I AM an Elio fan and supporter.
I am not a "naysayer", nor do I have "tactics" to undermine the Elio project, but I AM a staunch American who believes that we all most certainly have the right to express our opinions, positively or negatively, without being subjected to name calling and other personal attacks.
Questions and answers, ideas, wishes, personal thoughts, suggestions, that's what this forum is all about.
Peace and love for our neighbors, wherever and whoever they are is my wish. I have been out all morning taking groceries and other essentials to folks around here who cannot get out because of the ice and snow.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
  1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "vicious ad hominem attacks"
I am stunned by the words and attitudes exhibited in this thread against anyone who dares speak questioningly about Elio Motors. This is a forum of people who are the very first buyers of Elio vehicles, who are all excited about the concept and the company, who can hardly wait to drive their Elio.
"Elio-ism" is not a religion, nor is it a political party. We have done a very good job of maintaining a non-religious, non-political forum with very little real bickering going on.
So let us stop trying to create opposite sides in our boredom. No one on here wishes anything but success for Elio Motors.
BUT- that said, we all have the right as well as the responsibility to question everything about EM, just as we have about the gas cap location, the dash, the tires, the...well, you get the idea.
My one and only reason for being daringly inquisitive is that we, the "family" of current Elio buyers, are not kept in a constant loop of information.
I have a picture of the Elio posted in my place of business, I talk up the Elio any and every chance I get, I AM an Elio fan and supporter.
I am not a "naysayer", nor do I have "tactics" to undermine the Elio project, but I AM a staunch American who believes that we all most certainly have the right to express our opinions, positively or negatively, without being subjected to name calling and other personal attacks.
Questions and answers, ideas, wishes, personal thoughts, suggestions, that's what this forum is all about.
Peace and love for our neighbors, wherever and whoever they are is my wish. I have been out all morning taking groceries and other essentials to folks around here who cannot get out because of the ice and snow.
Eso es lo quedicho!!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Didn't government save 1.5 million GM Auto manufacturing jobs as a result of private sector mismanagement? I could be wrong.

View attachment 4909
And what about the GM stock holders who were thrown under the bus and were denied historical bankruptcy protections in the process?

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ad ho·mi·nem

Johnapool;

Just so you know, "personal thoughts" here, no issues with you, never have had. I view you as about the furthest thing from a troll there is. Since this thread is titled "If you don't believe", while I staunchly defend the right that EM has to choose what corporate information is shared, I also believe questioning is healthy, There is a difference between freedom of expression and purposeful, lengthy diatribes from someone who's only mission is to denigrate. (Troll) :mad:
Not that I have any authority here, I don't, but until I'm told to shut up by the Moderators or a few others I respect, I will exercise my rights to ideas, wishes, personal thoughts and suggestions too. You're correct, that's what this forum is all about.

Just saying.....;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom