• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

If You Don't Believe....

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I applaud those who have the faith and $ to go 'all in' - unfortunately I don't have the funds as of now (I'm saving my overtime to reach that goal). While I fully understand the disappointment many have eloquently expressed in threads here, I'd rather see more constructive thoughts as to what we could do to further the Elio Cause. I tell everyone I can about Elio. Recently, while have my Escape Hybrid serviced, I spoke to two other customers in the waiting area about my 'future ride' - the Elio. I even pointed across the street and told them it would be serviced at the Pep Boys there. To paraphrase and bastardise a great man for my own selfish interests, "...Ask not what Elio can do for you; ask what you can do for Elio."
And no issue with that. I fully understand watch the cash flow been there done that. My point is ELIO needs to be held accountable. Private company or not everyone is held accountable to the customer. In the end it will be the faith the customer has in ELIO that will make or break them if they fix the failed business model.
The day the first ELIO rolls off the line for a customer I will order a second one for my Granddaughter. I had my finger on the send key for the second one the Feb 6th. I removed it when they failed to display and start the engine.

Last edited:

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with you, and frankly am getting a little annoyed with the pompous BS that keeps appearing from the usual sources.
I also find the sources who constantly take every thread and train of thought and derail them when they get bored irritating.
Whomever do you mean?? I wouldn't like to think of myself as a usual source at all. I've become accustomed to being considered a rather UNusual source. :p

dummkopfs, Sie befinden sich deutsche saugt.
laut lachen meine freunde. :p:D

Stephen, thank you, People who have nothing good to say bore me too. I'm
not suggesting that we just sit around and drink the proverbial Koolaid but
that we find a happy medium between that and bile. ;)

I find myself drawn here to meet nice folks who share a dream and a whole pot full of knowledge to draw from. :)
Making fun of my German - Bad form for someone "drawn here to meet 'nice' folks". I did mention that it's been quite some time after all. Decades in point of fact...... Now I feel old.:'(
Anyway, having placed my disinterested observer cap snugly upon my furrowed brow, I can't help but notice that there are easily as many complaints about the complainers as there are complaints in the first place. From troll hunters to cheerleaders to neo-flower-power gurus, there is enough condemnation of the nay-sayers to send anyone who is not of the highest-believer caliber at least into exile if not straight to hell. Woe be it unto any who dares question the faith here. In my pompus opinion.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I Like the different opinions we get here. If all that was posted here was pep rally threads, and threads like "What kind of dog do you have" (I have NOT seen that thread. If anyone started one similar to it, I apologize. I'm certainly not singling anyone out) it would be pretty boring.

My biggest reason for coming here is to get any news that might be out there. With all the eyes we have here, someone sees most any news article and shares it quite fast. Official news from Elio isn't all that frequent. After that, it's interesting to see what others are thinking. Certainly the news hasn't been all positive. It's good to see different peoples opinions and perspectives. Cheerleaders and Naysayers.

Additionally, I haven't seen many, of any, posts attacking the vehicle itself. Go to many of the 'news' articles and the majority of the posts are finding faults in the vehicle design itself. We discuss details (Gas Cap location!) but nearly everyone here admires the design. Most of us have skin in the game - we really want one.

I like the mix. I've not seen anyone I wish would just go away.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I Like the different opinions we get here. If all that was posted here was pep rally threads, and threads like "What kind of dog do you have" (I have NOT seen that thread. If anyone started one similar to it, I apologize. I'm certainly not singling anyone out) it would be pretty boring.

My biggest reason for coming here is to get any news that might be out there. With all the eyes we have here, someone sees most any news article and shares it quite fast. Official news from Elio isn't all that frequent. After that, it's interesting to see what others are thinking. Certainly the news hasn't been all positive. It's good to see different peoples opinions and perspectives. Cheerleaders and Naysayers.

Additionally, I haven't seen many, of any, posts attacking the vehicle itself. Go to many of the 'news' articles and the majority of the posts are finding faults in the vehicle design itself. We discuss details (Gas Cap location!) but nearly everyone here admires the design. Most of us have skin in the game - we really want one.

I like the mix. I've not seen anyone I wish would just go away.
Bilbo B,
I simply ask for constructive criticism. If you (or any one of us) have something to complain/gripe/bitch about, please be constructive. If you are angry that you aren't getting your perceived share of information flow about your Elio - please take it up with Elio Motors - not this site. No one here is in a position to help you or give you the answers/information you seek. I understand the frustrations many have expressed (some time ago, I was upset that Elio is planning on using Takata airbags) about the lack of updated info - but that is the reality we deal with.

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will have to push the button on me too . Asking me to"believe or leave " is the epitome of arrogance . I believe what logic and common sense dictate .
If there are obstacles that Elio faces , I like to read about them . Nothing negative about that . Who would come here , ignore the string of delays and sing KumBaya ?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will have to push the button on me too . Asking me to"believe or leave " is the epitome of arrogance . I believe what logic and common sense dictate .
If there are obstacles that Elio faces , I like to read about them . Nothing negative about that . Who would come here , ignore the string of delays and sing KumBaya ?
I think most of us here on the forum understand the magnitude of the tasks that remain and the realistic view that there are significant obstacles, primarily financing. Anyone who has read my posts know I am an Elio supporter and risk taker. Otherwise I would have never made my $1K reservation. I believe in the future and am willing to invest in the "possibility" of that future. I am fully aware it may never happen but that does not dampen my enthusiasm for the dream. To all you doubters, thank you for expressing your opposing opinions. Opinions are like parts of our anatomy and we all have them. I respect your opinions even though I strongly disagree with them. In simple terms it is the optimists versus the pessimists. I'm am an unapologetic eyes wide open optimist.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horscoots,
Stick around! I enjoy your honest realism. I like people who verbally keep my enthusiasm grounded. I'm not ignoring the delays - they frustrate me also....I still believe something better will be unveiled in their own (Elio's) time-frame. The non-rescheduled date for engine demo does have me pulling what little hair I still have - but....what else can I do? Be all negative and tell Paul he can 'kiss my @$$'? Or, breathe...in through the nose, out through the mouth.....it will happen when it happens. Anywho, stick around. Your posts aren't what I was indirectly referring to - they add a little flava!

Top Bottom