• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm Ba-a-ack

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone,
I went in last week for a biopsy and came out with an e.coli infection in my bloodstream. Almost left the scene Friday night, but double IVs with massive antibiotics finally kicked in, just as my blood pressure was disappearing.
So, now I'm home with orders to stay put for the week, which is good, 'cause I have lots of Elio madness to catch up on.
JP

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone,
I went in last week for a biopsy and came out with an e.coli infection in my bloodstream. Almost left the scene Friday night, but double IVs with massive antibiotics finally kicked in, just as my blood pressure was disappearing.
So, now I'm home with orders to stay put for the week, which is good, 'cause I have lots of Elio madness to catch up on.
JP

Wow. Glad you're still among us.
Events like that can sure get you thinking about what's next after this go-around on the planet Earth, huh?
I hope it was enlightening!

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Comp. I was lucky to get into a super little three-bed hospital near home that is attached to a doctor-owned med center. It was just like being in an ICU. My doctors in St. Louis worked with them to keep me alive, and the personal care of the staff there was unbelievably compassionate and attentive.
I missed being on the forum as it is way better entertainment than TV!!!

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone,
JP
Welcome back and we are all pleased that you didn't check out.:)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
JP ....

most certainly happy to hear of your recovery ... one of our sons is finishing up his residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St Louis .... that area is blessed with some excellent doctors and medical facilities

Jim

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
JP ....

most certainly happy to hear of your recovery ... one of our sons is finishing up his residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St Louis .... that area is blessed with some excellent doctors and medical facilities

Jim
That is a great hospital he's in. We go there to the Center for Advanced Medicine. It was a doctor from there (the one who did the biopsy) who worked with our local doctors for me. We live three hours south of St. Louis and it is difficult for family and friends to visit so far away, thus the local hospital.
What field is your son in?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is a great hospital he's in. We go there to the Center for Advanced Medicine. It was a doctor from there (the one who did the biopsy) who worked with our local doctors for me. We live three hours south of St. Louis and it is difficult for family and friends to visit so far away, thus the local hospital.
What field is your son in?

he's mid way through his 4th (last) rear of residency in Radiology .... after that he will have a year's Fellowship and then, hopefully, bring his family back to NC .... they live just west of St Louis in Valley Park .... we have very good friends who live just south of St Louis in Farmington .... collectively, we spend a 3 weeks or so a year in our camper visiting out there .... Missouri is blessed with a wide range of excellent state parks, we really enjoy the area

Jim

Last edited:
Top Bottom