• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm Ba-a-ack

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whoa! Glad you're on the road to recovery, John! St. Louis absolutely has some of the best medical facilities and colleges in the US, maybe the world.

JEBar's son is just up the road from me. I go through Valley Park everyday on the way to work. And we camp quite a bit down by Farmington (Black River/Lesterville). Maybe we could all hook up some day at one of the campgrounds when you're up this way.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whoa! Glad you're on the road to recovery, John! St. Louis absolutely has some of the best medical facilities and colleges in the US, maybe the world.

JEBar's son is just up the road from me. I go through Valley Park everyday on the way to work. And we camp quite a bit down by Farmington (Black River/Lesterville). Maybe we could all hook up some day at one of the campgrounds when you're up this way.
Hey, Gator,
Thanks! Absolutely possible to meet up sometime. I have a silversmith shop here in Van Buren, so I work every weekend. Sometime this summer when you are down on a weekday. I just bought this computer from some folks in Black, very near Lesterville.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

when we are in the St Louis area we stay at Belleville Mobile Home & RV Estates ===> http://www.bellevillemobilehome.com/ <=== we are usually there for 10 days to 2 weeks .... our friends from Farmington, along with friends from Chicago and Detroit usually bring their campers and a long weekend .... we usually are there in early June, won't have the dates until after the first of the year .... we'd be delighted to meet any folks from this form while we are out there

Jim

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, Gator,
Thanks! Absolutely possible to meet up sometime. I have a silversmith shop here in Van Buren, so I work every weekend. Sometime this summer when you are down on a weekday. I just bought this computer from some folks in Black, very near Lesterville.

Van Buren's pretty much dead south from me, and the roads down there great for driving on...VERY scenic! I'll definitely have to swing by and check out your shop when we're down that way! Yeah, Lesterville and Anapolis (Hwy K) is our favorite camping spots.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
when we are in the St Louis area we stay at Belleville Mobile Home & RV Estates ===> http://www.bellevillemobilehome.com/ <=== we are usually there for 10 days to 2 weeks .... our friends from Farmington, along with friends from Chicago and Detroit usually bring their campers and a long weekend .... we usually are there in early June, won't have the dates until after the first of the year .... we'd be delighted to meet any folks from this form while we are out there

Jim

Super convenient! Just the other side of I-44 from Valley Park where your son lives! I've been here almost 30 years....actually, looking at the calendar, I moved here from Denver exactly 27 years ago 'today'!

We'll have to swing by and say "hey!" when you come to town! That'd be great! :)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone,
I went in last week for a biopsy and came out with an e.coli infection in my bloodstream. Almost left the scene Friday night, but double IVs with massive antibiotics finally kicked in, just as my blood pressure was disappearing.
So, now I'm home with orders to stay put for the week, which is good, 'cause I have lots of Elio madness to catch up on.
JP

Just curious John. Did they determine how the e.coli infection got in your blood stream? I've heard of people getting VERY sick from eating contaminated food, but haven't heard of it getting into the blood stream (which sounds very serious for sure). Any tips on how other's can avoid your situation?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We pretty much do all our target shooting out at my friend's river lot. But there is a Skeet Club right here in Pacific as you're heading east out of town.

I really have to hand it to Missouri for the variety and quality of its parks .... NC has nothing to compare with Jay Henges and I doubt it ever will .... we really enjoy going over there several times while out there

Jim

Top Bottom