• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm Growing Weary From All The Delays...

Lachesis

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a newbie in this Elio world, just hearing about it almost half a year ago. And just putting $500 down a month ago, I feel quite pleased with them. Granted, I didn't wait 2 or 3 years and keep getting hit with delays. I'll give you guys that. But, during extensive reading over dozens of hours, I feel like they've come very far past their concept car idea. Not only have they given us 5 different stages and prototypes, but they've locked in at a RELATIVELY LOW price, given us many conventions, and I've even witnessed Elio commercials at home on my T.V.! Is this not the progress you'd like to see? They might not have even made a prototype without the help of people like you and me, so don't let your hope falter now, when they need it most. If I won't stop, a seventeen year old student, then you shouldn't either.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a newbie in this Elio world, just hearing about it almost half a year ago. And just putting $500 down a month ago, I feel quite pleased with them. Granted, I didn't wait 2 or 3 years and keep getting hit with delays. I'll give you guys that. But, during extensive reading over dozens of hours, I feel like they've come very far past their concept car idea. Not only have they given us 5 different stages and prototypes, but they've locked in at a RELATIVELY LOW price, given us many conventions, and I've even witnessed Elio commercials at home on my T.V.! Is this not the progress you'd like to see? They might not have even made a prototype without the help of people like you and me, so don't let your hope falter now, when they need it most. If I won't stop, a seventeen year old student, then you shouldn't either.
17? Wow; I think that makes you one of the youngest members of the Forum, Welcome :welcome:
And a very well said message; you sir will be a breath of fresh air for us here.

Eliodude

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very well stated gentlemen; I could not have said it any better myself.
Very clear and concise; hopefully we have shown "Eliodude" the errs in his thinking and misunderstanding of what the Commitment really is.

"Commitment", in Elio's case it's almost laughable to use such terminology, a binding commitment would only be as relevant as Elio's ability to "someday" deliver a vehicle.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've have a non-refundable deposit placed years ago, and I'm finally growing weary from all the delays.

And now Elio is asking me to recommit by signed a silly agreement, really?????

Anyone who gets caught up by the short-term pricing of $7000/$7300 is missing the point.

Elio needs firmed-up orders now, in order to keep is government loan illusion alive. In order to take orders, Elio needed to establish a retail price.

Okay, done. For now. Temporarily. Until further notice.

Elio's only viable strategy was to price the vehicle close to its targeted price, in order to maintain the illusion of trust within the customer base and induce their follow-through.

Elio's clever offer benefits by not having to promise a deliver-by date.

Either by bankruptcy or by success, when the future time comes for any delivery accountability, there will be a clear resolution either (1) via the court system, or (2) via Elio's successful production launch.

Now, back to the $7000 that has people fixated. Think of a $7000 price as a temporary "loss leader" having absolutely nothing to do with the eventual pricing that any reservation holders will be expected to pay if they fail now to firm up their order.

Elio has made NO price promise to any group except to any of the first 65,000 reservation holders who will agree to an ironclad commitment to their deal.

If this ever flies, an Elio will likely carry a retail price significantly higher than the order-now $7000 "deal" at hand.

Remember, this deal has only one purpose: to generate enough irrevocable orders to keep the government interested in funding a massive loan. This is not about selling consumers cars and a fair price. As we've seen at every turn, consumers are once more being played as pawns.

Hopefully the government will walk away and insist that Elio secures private funding.

I will not sign their silly commitment order, they already have my $1,000, that should be enough!
And just exactly how much more money will you need to put down to commitment ?, Zero, zip, nada....., all we are doing is signing a paper that doesn't mandate more money, or write a check, but for the powers that be give the appearance of a potential buyer. So why wouldn't you follow thru.
The real purpose, IMO, is to try to have folks with less than the 1k alls, to move up their deposits. i.e. another incentive ($300.00)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
"Commitment", in Elio's case it's almost laughable to use such terminology, a binding commitment would only be as relevant as Elio's ability to "someday" deliver a vehicle.
You comment to a moderator can be seen as a poor choice of words.
If you are here to simply bad mouth Elio Motors you will be asked to take it elsewhere.
The people here that are trying to hold a reasonable discussion do so because we support what Elio Motors and Paul Elio are doing.
The Commitment is not Elio Motors idea, it is a requirement by the ATVM Department.

If you want to spend an additional $300 for the Elio, so be it; we were simply trying to help you understand what signing the commitment is really about.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Before you had a target and no firm price. Now you have a PRICE. You can get another $300 off if you commit to purchase. So unless you have decided to walk away from your all in deposit, it makes no sense to not take the discount by simply agreeing to LOCK IN your price and agreeing to purchase.

I didn't have any intention of walking away when I made my deposits initially. Did you?

Top Bottom