• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm Growing Weary From All The Delays...

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a newbie in this Elio world, just hearing about it almost half a year ago. And just putting $500 down a month ago, I feel quite pleased with them. Granted, I didn't wait 2 or 3 years and keep getting hit with delays. I'll give you guys that. But, during extensive reading over dozens of hours, I feel like they've come very far past their concept car idea. Not only have they given us 5 different stages and prototypes, but they've locked in at a RELATIVELY LOW price, given us many conventions, and I've even witnessed Elio commercials at home on my T.V.! Is this not the progress you'd like to see? They might not have even made a prototype without the help of people like you and me, so don't let your hope falter now, when they need it most. If I won't stop, a seventeen year old student, then you shouldn't either.
Welcome from New Mexico. You have obviously discovered the power of the forum. Enjoy the forum and the journey.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Eliodude? Well if you call yourself that then you should be willing to "Step up"! You already gave 1000 bucks. Are you willing to throw it away? Not me. Not Rich enough for that! I still believe in it! !!
Don't know if you want to continue wasting your time on eliodude; he hasn't been logged in since Wednesday and 7:45pm.
He did his 2 posts, and nothing more.

He's been tagged, so we'll know if he comes back.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've have a non-refundable deposit placed years ago, and I'm finally growing weary from all the delays.

And now Elio is asking me to recommit by signed a silly agreement, really?????

Anyone who gets caught up by the short-term pricing of $7000/$7300 is missing the point.

Elio needs firmed-up orders now, in order to keep is government loan illusion alive. In order to take orders, Elio needed to establish a retail price.

Okay, done. For now. Temporarily. Until further notice.

Elio's only viable strategy was to price the vehicle close to its targeted price, in order to maintain the illusion of trust within the customer base and induce their follow-through.

Elio's clever offer benefits by not having to promise a deliver-by date.

Either by bankruptcy or by success, when the future time comes for any delivery accountability, there will be a clear resolution either (1) via the court system, or (2) via Elio's successful production launch.

Now, back to the $7000 that has people fixated. Think of a $7000 price as a temporary "loss leader" having absolutely nothing to do with the eventual pricing that any reservation holders will be expected to pay if they fail now to firm up their order.

Elio has made NO price promise to any group except to any of the first 65,000 reservation holders who will agree to an ironclad commitment to their deal.

If this ever flies, an Elio will likely carry a retail price significantly higher than the order-now $7000 "deal" at hand.

Remember, this deal has only one purpose: to generate enough irrevocable orders to keep the government interested in funding a massive loan. This is not about selling consumers cars and a fair price. As we've seen at every turn, consumers are once more being played as pawns.

Hopefully the government will walk away and insist that Elio secures private funding.

I will not sign their silly commitment order, they already have my $1,000, that should be enough!
1013 days, 4 hours, 13 minutes and 49 seconds, and I am still not mad or bitter.. and if you were in for $6800 why not $7000? that $200 just breaks the bank I guess.. Better to loose the $1k then huh?

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look in on Elio's Facebook posts regularly. It's a constant stream of whinging and complaining, mostly "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BUILD IT!!!" I'm really beginning to understand why the majors keep the development process a deep, dark secret in this instant gratification society. Nobody takes into account that the vehicle is being designed while at the same time Elio is a startup, and has to raise funds to get to production. NONE of this is set in stone, it's ALL subject to change. I think most of us here understood this going in... Many of us have $1000 already invested; we're patient.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look in on Elio's Facebook posts regularly. It's a constant stream of whinging and complaining, mostly "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BUILD IT!!!" I'm really beginning to understand why the majors keep the development process a deep, dark secret in this instant gratification society. Nobody takes into account that the vehicle is being designed while at the same time Elio is a startup, and has to raise funds to get to production. NONE of this is set in stone, it's ALL subject to change. I think most of us here understood this going in... Many of us have $1000 already invested; we're patient.
Exactly............and IF EM goes bust........I've already had $1000 worth of entertainment out of the project :p

Geux Elio ............:D

Top Bottom