• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm Growing Weary From All The Delays...

Texan

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have to agree with ElioDude in that we have been waiting a long time for the production to actually start. I do however want Elio to get all the funding they can from where ever they can. If Obama can throw away $500 million on his friend's solar power business that went bust less than 6 months later, then the feds can definitely throw a bone to a commuter car made for the way the majority of commuters travel, 1 per car.

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I jumped at the chance to Lock-In my purchase. For those that have not gotten the word yet, the match we got when we placed our deposits still are in effect. I got the 50% match and then some time back got the email from Elio motors saying that we (some of us) were being given a further credit towards our purchase. Since my deposit of $1,000 was not until late 2014 I ddi not get the maximum. I did get another $150 so I have $1650 on account towards the base price of $7,000. That said it really ticks me off when anyone says that there have been delays on Elio Motors part. For there to be a Delay there must first have been a stated date for production to start. There have been several Target dates, but no official production start date. Unless anyone can prove otherwise they are simply blaming Elio for their own misunderstanding of the situation. any bone head should have realized when they placed their deposits that Elio was still in need of hundreds of millions of dollars and that money was not assured. I placed my money knowing full well that
Elio promised us very little. Elio motors has fulfilled everything they have promise us so far. Production will start when the money needed is available to them and not before. I'm a bit tired of all the people that blame Elio motors for them not having their Elio yet. Get over it, or move on. no one was forced to place a reservation and no one was promised an Elio at all. If you doubt it go back and "carefully read" the agreement you agreed to when placing your deposit.
As for me, I was convinced that EM would eventually build the Elio when i placed my reservations of $1K all-in August 20th of 2014 / #7715. Now I'm even more sure it will happen. Before I placed my reservations, I investigated the company. The board of directors and their backgrounds. I also looked into the list of suppliers. I considered many different things. I have background in Mechanical Engineering, manufacturing, Quality Control, and Investing. I'm wondering how many of you came close to doing the research into the "Big Picture" that I and a few others did??? Had everyone done their own in-depth investigation into the situation many of you would not have placed your deposits and would not be hear complaining, Or you would be seeing that fact that Elio is closer and closer to getting the Elio into production. It will happen. The only thing that is not sure is when it will happen.

Top Bottom