• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm In... Any Idea On Options?

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reason I see young (kids) not wanting a Elio is like this.
When you were young didn't you want a car that could haul all your friend in?
With a two person car you lose the fun of dating, double dating, picking up girls or boys with your buddy riding shotgun or packing in all your sporting equipment or camping stuff with your friends and going to have fun. When going PARTYING you want a sober drive, is that fun with a drunk on the back seat and you the only other person in the car being the driver?
As for the appeal to younger people for the price, hell everyone now days wants to keep up with the "Jones". They buy more than they can afford.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: I'm going to get pummeled on the one but...

Maybe some of the younger folks get their parents to buy vehicles for them, and they want luxury.
They might not care about the cost because they aren't paying for it; mommy and daddy are. I don't think there are many young "savers" these days.
Some kids in this generation want everything nice to be handed to them, and it has to fit in line to what their peers like as well.

I would have bought one of these in my younger years with my kids, if it would have been available.
It's a matter of priority and what is important to the individual. Overall savings (mpg) and a low purchase price is appealing to me at any age.
View attachment 2634
That's how I got my first 2 Grand Prix. The Elio is the first car I am buying with my own money.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's the deal with the Elio having so much appeal to us 55+ geezers? When I saw the Elio P4 in Chicago, most of the enthusiasts there were of the senior variety as well. Hope it catches on across all age groups. Personally, I am looking forward to the attention that my "glow-in-the-dark" Creamsicle Elio will attract in the retirement community that I will be moving into soon. C'mon, Paul, let's get these puppies built and on the road! Us geezers got no time to waste waitng for our Elios!!!
As one old geezer to another, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Enjoy the experience.

Top Bottom