• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm In... Any Idea On Options?

PhilBob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
What's the deal with the Elio having so much appeal to us 55+ geezers? When I saw the Elio P4 in Chicago, most of the enthusiasts there were of the senior variety as well. Hope it catches on across all age groups. Personally, I am looking forward to the attention that my "glow-in-the-dark" Creamsicle Elio will attract in the retirement community that I will be moving into soon. C'mon, Paul, let's get these puppies built and on the road! Us geezers got no time to waste waitng for our Elios!!!

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm new and all in. Ordered mine 8/25. Been studying the site & blogs. Good stuff. Thanks y'all. Told a few buddies and I know for sure 3 of them ordered "all-in" this past week.

On options, aside from color, auto/manual, leather, pop-out rear windows,stereo/GPS, and maybe a sun roof, any one know about other options that may be available? I would like to see some different front fender/wheel choices too. The earlier prototype wheel configurations are so much more appealing. This Elio would look sweet with some Foose wheels. Ya, maybe I loose 2 miles per gallon - no big deal.. Also prefer the a uniform color rear than the contrasting black plastic back end. Maybe I'll have to do a custom color change myself? Pep Boys planning on selling touch up paint? Engine options with a small turbo maybe?

Oh, can I get a custom Paul E signature on the dash - like what Carroll Shelby did on some of his race cars?

Looking forward to getting mine :)

Oh, I got a 58 Custom Studebaker for sale. Gets 8Mpg...

Bill in So Cal
Tow package and motorcycle style trailers in the stores maybe? Cruise control?

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's the deal with the Elio having so much appeal to us 55+ geezers? When I saw the Elio P4 in Chicago, most of the enthusiasts there were of the senior variety as well. Hope it catches on across all age groups. Personally, I am looking forward to the attention that my "glow-in-the-dark" Creamsicle Elio will attract in the retirement community that I will be moving into soon. C'mon, Paul, let's get these puppies built and on the road! Us geezers got no time to waste waitng for our Elios!!!
Thinking maybe part of the reason for that "age group interest," is that we. . . . The OLDER folks might have a little more $$$$ to trash, should this whole deal go south.

Most "young folks" are paying mortgage's, raising children and paying off their own school loans. :eek:

Yogi Leigh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
:rolleyes: I'm going to get pummeled on the one but...

Maybe some of the younger folks get their parents to buy vehicles for them, and they want luxury.
They might not care about the cost because they aren't paying for it; mommy and daddy are. I don't think there are many young "savers" these days.
Some kids in this generation want everything nice to be handed to them, and it has to fit in line to what their peers like as well.

I would have bought one of these in my younger years with my kids, if it would have been available.
It's a matter of priority and what is important to the individual. Overall savings (mpg) and a low purchase price is appealing to me at any age.
millhouse[1].jpg

PhilBob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thinking maybe part of the reason for that "age group interest," is that we. . . . The OLDER folks might have a little more $$$$ to trash, should this whole deal go south.
Most "young folks" are paying mortgage's, raising children and payng off their own school loans. :eek:

Never thought about it in those terms, but you may be right. But, for the very same reasons, I thought that the Elio would appeal to the younger set due to its price and economy. Sometimes there is little reason that a new product catches on ( or not ) with the targeted demographic. The public can be a weird and unpredictable bunch when a new concept is introduced. Guess only time will tell where the Elio's real appeal lies demographically.

PhilBob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
:rolleyes: I'm going to get pummeled on the one but...

Maybe some of the younger folks get their parents to buy vehicles for them, and they want luxury.
They might not care about the cost because they aren't paying for it; mommy and daddy are. I don't think there are many young "savers" these days.
Some kids in this generation want everything nice to be handed to them, and it has to fit in line to what their peers like as well.

I would have bought one of these in my younger years with my kids, if it would have been available.
It's a matter of priority and what is important to the individual. Overall savings (mpg) and a low purchase price is appealing to me at any age.
View attachment 2634

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never thought about it in those terms, but you may be right. But, for the very same reasons, I thought that the Elio would appeal to the younger set due to its price and economy. Sometimes there is little reason that a new product catches on ( or not ) with the targeted demographic. The public can be a weird and unpredictable bunch when a new concept is introduced. Guess only time will tell where the Elio's real appeal lies demographically.
It's been a very long time ago now, but to this day, I STILL keep my very first W-2 from my first year in the Navy: I earned $1000 dollars for those 12 months, and I was married at the time.

We didn't have a car, so walked where we wanted to go. Splurge? Yes, we did; once a month we spent .25 cents to go to the movies at the hospital where I was training, because it was cheaper to do that, than to buy a TV.

Poor? Yes, we were. I think we ALL were poor in those days.

Any way, I can understand why young folks today think that $6800 is a little rich. Their expenses are FAR greater than ours were. . . . . , but then everything is relative.

Top Bottom