• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I'm So Excited!!!

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, will check the website (can't help but do so daily since deciding to go Elio anyway). I am somewhat surprised at the location. I expected perhaps a San Jose or San Francisco mall. Perhaps they want to make it closer for all the North Bay people, while still accessible to the greater Bay Area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, will check the website (can't help but do so daily since deciding to go Elio anyway). I am somewhat surprised at the location. I expected perhaps a San Jose or San Francisco mall. Perhaps they want to make it closer for all the North Bay people, while still accessible to the greater Bay Area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm wondering if some of the malls refuse to allow it. I thought maybe the big mall in Fremont that is in a former automobile plant would be a fitting setting and that place is huge. LOL :-) Z

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if some of the malls refuse to allow it. I thought maybe the big mall in Fremont that is in a former automobile plant would be a fitting setting and that place is huge. LOL :) Z

Fremont would have been excellent, but if you are referring to the old Nummi plant, that was bought by Tesla.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fremont would have been excellent, but if you are referring to the old Nummi plant, that was bought by Tesla.
I left the Bay Area in the mid 1990s but at the time I left there was a huge mall in Fremont and it was said to have been an automobile plant in a past life. I have not been back there but I find it hard to believe a huge mall like that would simply disappear. Maybe like the plant in Shreveport, the mall was only a part of it and Tesla got the rest. I only went there because my son was visiting and in desperate need of clothing. At the time the only mens big and tall store was in that mall. The next time he visited and needed clothing there was another store in the chain near the Bay Bridge exchange. :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I left the Bay Area in the mid 1990s but at the time I left there was a huge mall in Fremont and it was said to have been an automobile plant in a past life. I have not been back there but I find it hard to believe a huge mall like that would simply disappear. Maybe like the plant in Shreveport, the mall was only a part of it and Tesla got the rest. I only went there because my son was visiting and in desperate need of clothing. At the time the only mens big and tall store was in that mall. The next time he visited and needed clothing there was another store in the chain near the Bay Bridge exchange. :) Z

This is likely the one you are talking about. Not far from Fremont in Milpitas and used to be a Ford Assembly plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mall_of_the_Bay_Area

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is likely the one you are talking about. Not far from Fremont in Milpitas and used to be a Ford Assembly plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mall_of_the_Bay_Area
I do believe you are right. The name certainly sounds correct. I'm not usually a mall shopper so the size of that place was an eye opener. My son hates to shop but acknowledged he desperately needed clothing. I was not there to buy, I was there for moral support since I have such excellent taste. The poor guy was visiting from wintery Michigan and it was in the 70s and 80s in the area. He didn't just sweat, he poured the 3 hours we were in the shop. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom