• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Infinite Skyz Skyzmatic W/no Cell Internet

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Assuming you do not want to use 4G, I wonder if Skyz system will allow you to connect to your home wifi or other wifi spot to update maps, and monitor the camera system.
Good question! And a good first post, welcome!

The Skyz people are going to do a live webinar next wednesday, so hopefully we'll get some answers to our pressing questions :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good question! And a good first post, welcome!

The Skyz people are going to do a live webinar next wednesday, so hopefully we'll get some answers to our pressing questions :D
Umm Seth, that webinar is the day after tomorrow, Saturday at 1:00pm; not Wednesday.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really dislike multi-function devices that you gotta mess with all the time. My phone is a perfect example: it's great at being a multimedia device that can also take calls, but I hate using it for listening to music (either at home or in the car) and I hate using it for GPS. I'd rather have a Tom-Tom on the dash and a decent MP3 player plugged into the Aux jack of the head unit, or perhaps a tablet that will do both, than add another function to my smart phone.

I like devices that stay where they are, and are there when I need them, rather than lugging around a device that does everything. I resisted the switch to a smart phone for a long time, and only moved over because I could get cell service cheaper than with my existing dumb-phone. And to this day, I mostly think of the smart phone as a texting device that has some Swiss Army-like functionality in an emergency.

My Elio will have a cheap, dedicated Android tablet that I only remove when I need to copy files onto it from my home computer, or when I'm in a "bad neighborhood" and need to stow it out of sight.
I'm with you Seth !

I have a Galaxy 3 tablet that will be dedicated to my Elio as the gauge cluster using a wireless OBDII adapter and torque pro app !

My Garmin will be my dedicated GPS since I have lifetime updates !

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've also got the "lifetime updates" but now I need a higher capacity Garmin for any update?.
You should be able to add a memory expansion card in it to take the bigger updates. An alternative would be just updating the region you live in, if you don't use it for cross country travel.

Top Bottom