• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Informative Video

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Coss,

Thanks for the heads up... Kinda hard to understand their stubbornness on this issue... You reckon maybe they had already bought several box car loads of the Elgin cluster and they got to use 'em or take a loss? LOL ;)
Well it won't be a major expense to change it out to something that looks and functions better... I'm already planning on an aftermarket stereo/gps unit to replace the stock unit... It's all good... Just need the trike so I can get started!:D

h_r:cool:
Stubbornness is easy; it's Paul's commemorative to his father; it reminds him of the good times and his dad wearing a watch like that.
His car, his company, his call.

I've already found the replacements for it.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
dashgauges-jpg.10662.jpg

Stereo,  Elio.jpg

From the EM video and the configurator.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I haven't seen in all these great pictures is the steering wheel or the front seat.

I'm curious if they have the Viper steering wheel as I've read in another thread they were going to use due it having a flat bottom for additional leg room. Also wondering if they are still using, what I recall as, a Mustang seat.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What I haven't seen in all these great pictures is the steering wheel or the front seat.

I'm curious if they have the Viper steering wheel as I've read in another thread they were going to use due it having a flat bottom for additional leg room. Also wondering if they are still using, what I recall as, a Mustang seat.
It's a Lear Seat, similar to the Mustang seat, also made by Lear.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone ever tried using the heat from a catalytic converter to help the heater... You know, a big heatsink that feeds into an "intake" for the heater that could be closed when the air conditioner was being used.
Haven't tried cooking an omelet on one, either.

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On second viewing, I'm thinking this is the left side door.
Fixed that for ya... :D

The instrument cluster will be the Elgin only, period.
That's the worst news I've read all day. :mad: I may be in line for your replacement solution.

Taking heat from the cat would cool it down. Catalytic converters need to be hot to work.
Plus, Volkswagen (among others) already tried the "heat from the exhaust" thing back, oh, 60+ years ago. Doesn't work so well. Requires extra parts and frequent maintenance. Will eventually asphyxiate you when the exhaust inevitably starts leaking. Nobody does it any more because it all-around sucked.

Top Bottom