• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interesting Reading From 2010

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did read it but it was 4 years ago so I used the latest figure Paul put out there that I could find. It made for a more accurate assessment. Paul also said they aren't using reservations to fund the company.

I'm assuming you mean "Paul also said they aren't using reservations to FULLY fund the company"?

You would think that the reservation funds should go to funding the company. If not, then what are they for? (serious question)

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Blackbird - I thought you wanted Elio to succeed? If so, then you have to prove to people that this is a good buy. You guys have to be the ambassadors and sales guys for EM.

I think you understand that just because you put down a deposit and sing "Kumbaya" around a campfire won't get this car rolling. Yea EM shows the car off, but you guys are more important right now than than the shows.

I don't want a debate of "irrational facts". I will not debate a fact. I'm not even asking hard questions.

And what do i like about the elio? I like the aerodynamics, how it is compact and how it is supposed to have a 3 cylinder engine. It should be simple to work on and get great gas mileage. Maintenance costs should be cheap and well....3 tires have to be cheaper than 4 right?

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horn, omg, horn..did you ask the perfect question? Where the hell is the money going.?
You know, once and a while you run into a situation exactly like Elio Motors and you watch the company put out a product and even another one and it is one delay after another, man, the face book guys and girls are pleading and saying, reserve now or you will be left out and the "experts" have all the answers, don't worry, the Elio in this case will be made, just have to wait another 14 months..but keep sending in the cash for the number..so we all wait...
The folks are all pumped up, they are hating the naysayers, want totally positive only comments. Does this sound familiar like right now, this minute.? For some of us it is a puzzle. It doesn't fit our thinking, something, is wrong, a piece is missing. Eventually all of you will, as the delays keep happening will be in exactly at this spot and ask the same question horn did...Where is the money really going.?
Well, tonite, about an hour ago, I found out..i have been sitting on the couch thinking about this, the missing piece of the puzzle.
What I found out is where the money is going, and it is....so brilliant, so creative, so, I might say, simple, you will not believe it.
Every day, thousands of dollars comes in, no P5, no factory, more delays...and the money still keeps pouring in..there HAS to be another place the money is going...there HAS to......well, horn, there is, I have the website for it and when I went there, damn, the puzzle piece just dropped out of my monitor and fell on my keyboard..
Well, it is late and I need to go to bed...but yes, I do have the answer..it is so obvious...so creative... I will tell you .. on Tuesday.
Good nite folks. Oh, you do need a hint don't you...there is another company involved.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Completely agree with the personal attacks. They come from the "Negative" and "Positive" side and usually is only a few people.

The problem isn't "NEGATIVE SPECULATION", its the lack of "POSITIVE CONCRETE INFORMATION"......some people disagree when I say they should post results and tests whether they are great or ok. I don't think its hard to see why many people aren't buying in yet......just not enough proof out there.

Honestly here is what the "Negative speculators" think:
The elio gets 84 mpg - How do you know without real world testing?
The elio has a 5 star safety rating - Again has there been real world testing? If so great! Show it.
The price point is $6800 - We will see when it is made.
The elio has an engine designed by IAV - Lets see several of these motors in the car then there will be some interest.

Those are just a few things that the "Negative speculators" think.....but its not speculation. They are just questions and concerns. If it were speculation, I would would say "Elio is probably just buying cheap hookers with all that deposit money".

Now the point is not for a "Negative Speculator" to prove the "Positive" one wrong.....The burden is on the positive side to prove to the people who don't believe. Again, people in this economy need some real meat to bite into with this.
The vehicle is in the DEVELOPMENT STAGE, prototypes are being built, testing will happen in due time, and even crash testing down the road. Those negative speculator questions will be answered soon. Elio doesn't have test numbers to report at this point in time. Elio will either hit their target goals, exceed those goals, or fall short. Let the complicated, costly, time consuming, and political process play out. If a group of negative people speculate that it can't be done it's speculation.......Elio is speculating it can...............as are 18,000 + reservationist Elio enthusiasts. It's why we are called enthusiasts.....................we are enthusiastic and believe that it will happen as scheduled in 2015. If not Elio is dead to me!

briish

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, well, the elioites are becoming informed..maybe it was good the Pontiac people did not see the elio, might have spoiled their lunch. Remember, paul the piper was just after all those wonderful concept cars were made designed to the feds money and had to get like 100mpg, be buildable, god, some were really silly, but some look like 200 million bucks. They all got around a 100mpg..and used a creative power but not a standard manufactured engine. You have to imagine a 3 cylinder high tech modern engine in some of those concept cars. The elio is probably middle of the pack in my opinion, how bout yours?
I think paul was a little too sure of himself and his elio selling that many vehicles in year two..and the jobs, man the cost of that payroll, staggering. Guess what..the fear is still here. I can tell because there are not 50,000 people reserving the eio. For various reason, two people, small trunk, really strange pontoon wheels and it sounds awful. God, start it up around a 100 folks and the tractor magically appears. Details EM, details..just that muffler problem is people saying their quality control sucks.
EM, look at some of the other concepts, change the front, enclose the wheels, widen the rear a bit, add a bench seat and Paul elios dream of one in every home even with kids under 16 (quote) might be attainable. Like it is now.. a lot of us don't think so.
When the 2016 elio comes off the assembly line..ya all can buy me a beer when you are in OKC. A lot of my suggestions will be standard.. now go to ale' tulie.com, SEV, and zap alias and 3 wheel concept cars.com to see really good concepts.
Hey jeff, if you finance your elio, keep me in the mix, I will save you $500-$2000 in real money. I know all the tricks.

ok keep me in the loop,dont know about a beer in okc too land locked for me

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you practicing your cry of anger, frustration, or just because you lost your money and all your friends who took your advice and bought into the pipers music, now are angry at YOU!

(Man, you are so much in the MIDDLE OF THE BOX you can't see the edges.)

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you practicing your cry of anger, frustration, or just because you lost your money and all your friends who took your advice and bought into the pipers music, now are angry at YOU!

(Man, you are so much in the MIDDLE OF THE BOX you can't see the edges.)
remember, that's the kind of talk that drove your wife and kids away.

Top Bottom