• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping for and counting on the DOE's ATVM Loan approval to get the Elio Train back on track. What's interesting to me are the folks that say "government has to much involvement and control over private enterprise", complain about our politicians "not doing their jobs", and are praying for the government's involvement in providing a low interest government loan to insure EM's startup success. Go DOElio!

Hmmm....I'll bet you could probably get a $100k government grant to do a study on why people think like that. :rolleyes:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That goes both ways. The reports of lies and deception have no basis in fact. A missed deadline is not necessarily deception. or a lie. Just as the faithful choose to believe the positive and give the benefit of the doubt on certain issues, The doubters like yourself give no window for that and doubt everything that is said and choose to believe the worst, ie: lies and deceit. Non of us are on the inside and we tend to draw a line in the sand and chose to believe what we chose to believe.
The reason stated for the last delay was a little deceptive. Paul Elio made the statement during an interview that funding was available and the 2015 production schedule on track a day or two before the delay announcement. I actually expected another delay based on the fact there were no prorotypes built and tested...........not funding. That changed my position regarding the credibility of Elio and Elio Motors. Prior to that single 'fact' I had no doubt the Elio would be built. I am now doubt ridden, but hopeful.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll add here that that video is now my favorite.... anyone else notice the muffler out by the rear tire at about the 10:30 minute mark?
[URL='http://www.eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/[/QUOTE']http://www.eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/[/URL]

I agree 100%. It has all kinds of information that I conjectured about but couldn't always prove. Especially around marketing and of course funding. It always tickles me how close Paul's thinking is to mine. Although I have to admit he's much more savvy and smart about it. His detailed knowledge shows a huge depth on the subject. I'm kind of glad my daughter is named Paula.

I have an Automotive Power BS degree, but had to work in IT for 35 years. Makes me wish otherwise. But, I wouldn't want to toss anything in my life back to get there. And you know, what I did do since then was solely dedicated to commuter three wheelers.

I'll just drive my Elio one day and have fun. ( then get to work on my Atlantric, more fun still )

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If people want in so bad, get 67 people to toss in $15,000 each into a LLC. Then invest all $1 million in Elio.

Obviously not the easiest thing to do but it's possible if enough want to badly enough.

Extremely hard to build trust in a small LLC like that. Especially around the management. Only someone like G1 could do that, and do 67-6700 people with enough money and interest know him?

Oh, wait a sec, Hey G1, I got 100 to put in! Seriously.
But one could only manage such activity on a website with no 'contact' link.
Do you know how much of a pest a $100 investor can make of themselves?

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to know what the interest rate is on this unusual loan arrangement... How are they going to make sure all your gas purchases go on this credit card?
The minimum charge requirement plus the fact of interest and equity dependency in you car.
So yes, the interest rate is primary. Likely 0 interest if fully paid each month, but some uncomfortable amount if you let the balance build up to the cap of ?$500?.
If you don't buy x amount, you get a $75 payment charge, something like that.
If you don't pay at least $75 after the card maxes out, you get repo'd at some point. Pretty easy to repo an Elio. Just takes 6 guys and a 1/2 ton pick-up or flat-bed trailer. (yes yes, flat-bed tow-truck is easier :-) )

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll add here that that video is now my favorite.... anyone else notice the muffler out by the rear tire at about the 10:30 minute mark?

[URL='http://www.eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/[/QUOTE']http://www.eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/[/QUOTE[/URL]]

Good eye, Ty! I was wondering where they planned on placing the muffler. Looks like a great spot to keep it 'relatively' protected from road debris. Anyone know how to save that particular frame of the video? I may have a new wallpaper.:)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Returning to the investor message video. I really liked this slide in the investment opportunity video as it is a great list of Elio Motors' component and systems suppliers. This provides us really good information and answers some questions about who is supplying these items. :cool:

elio suppliers.jpg

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hoping for and counting on the DOE's ATVM Loan approval to get the Elio Train back on track. What's interesting to me are the folks that say "government has to much involvement and control over private enterprise", complain about our politicians "not doing their jobs", and are praying for the government's involvement in providing a low interest government loan to insure EM's startup success. Go DOElio!

It would certainly end 90% of the controversy at our end. It just bothers all of us we can't conclusively assess the risks and challenges of muddling forward with the other sources. The equipment sales being the most frustrating from a time-line standpoint, IMHO.

I mean there is plenty of equity in that source to finish all prototyping, but sales seem to be a bit slower than is needed.

Anyway, I remain optimistic things will continue as needed.

Top Bottom