• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hdr_branding.png
KSLA 12 News video
3/19/2015

[URL='http://www.ksla.com/story/28567315/elio-motors-offers-new-investment-option-in-attempt-to-meet-funding-goal[/QUOTE']http://www.ksla.com/story/28567315/elio-motors-offers-new-investment-option-in-attempt-to-meet-funding-goal[/QUOTE[/URL]]

Of course Roger Wildemuth (aka - Rogwild, and I suspect, Past Fanatic) would put his two cents in. :rolleyes:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's sad is the guy that would throw money at this risky Elio Motors venture capital opportunity. Thankfully, the the government regulation is in place to protect their interests.
I am glad for these changes, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc, etc to an extent. I still see the mentality of "too big to fail" dominating Washington decision making, and not enough thoughtful discussion, let alone public policy, focused on the American public around encouraging and teaching good saving and investing skills.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No real "news" Snipped: Branden said they may get in touch in the near future with more questions - we'll see.

Does Elio Motors meet the tenants of the ATVM 'Mission Statement"
It clearly does. What is more likely holding things up is EM 's meeting
the due diligence requirements. Political prodding may help/or hurt
who knows. What is real is if EM meets the requirements they are
a better fit than Fisker Motors was for sure.............:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Technology_Vehicles_Manufacturing_Loan_Program

Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) Loan Program is a $25 billion direct loan program funded by Congress in fall 2008 to provide debt capital to the U.S. automotive industry for the purpose of funding projects that help vehicles manufactured in the U.S. meet higher mileage requirements and lessen U.S. dependence on foreign oil.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even if one elected to not invest, just seeing the prospectus would be fascinating. Understandable that access is restricted by a heavy NDA. Can anyone tell me when and what Paul said about offering reservationists an opportunity to invest? I like the format of this forum but searching for anything is rather tedious.
They can't send you the Private Placement Memorandum until you prove you are accredited. I'd love to see it too.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am glad for these changes, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc, etc to an extent. I still see the mentality of "too big to fail" dominating Washington decision making, and not enough thoughtful discussion, let alone public policy, focused on the American public around encouraging and teaching good saving and investing skills.
Reg D and the "accredited investor" standard have been around for 25 years, at least. They've tweaked the definition, but it was always focused on high net worth individuals. 506(c), allowing the public solicitation, is very new.

Art Vandalay

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Agreed. Unfortunately it is a sad commentary on the quality of our public education system that so few high school or even college graduates have anywhere near an adequate understanding of basic math, let alone investment strategies to effectively navigate through life with enough money left at the end of their careers to enjoy retirement. There seems to be a lot of armchair quarterbacking taking place in regard to EM's strategy of attracting investment, but having been down the road of initiating a start-up, there is considerably more involved in funding a corporate venture than just sending out an email and asking for money. In order to qualify as an investment under SEC and IRS guidelines there is a veritable obstacle course of legal hoops that must must be navigated. Short of handing control over to a VC or a silent partner through a private placement firm, there just are not a lot of options. I've seen some good ideas on the board for soliciting investment from a larger group of small investors, but in most cases these are just not practical, particularly for a company with limited resources to handle all the legal implications of creative financing options.

Top Bottom