• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Define market place. With the new investor deal, that could be considered in the market place.

As far as going online and simply buying stock, no. That's because they are not a publicly traded entity.

However they have to have stock in order to be a corporation. They may even have several different classes of stock (common, preferred, treasury, etc.)
thanks for sharing, I was thinking of just buying the stock

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless Elio goes public and trades their shares in an open, regulated marketplace , any investment is EXTREMELY risky .
Back in the early 2000s , I was working for a private firm that offered stock options as part of their compensation package .
They arbitrarily assigned a value and I could exercise my options after 1 year of service at 50% of stated "value" . The prospect of more than doubling my investment was a no-brainer and growth in the firm remained robust . Long story short ....The Company diluted , re-valued and reclassified the shares . My mid-6 figure bonanza is currently worth less than $1000 . :rolleyes:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A. They probably only have 1,000 or 10,000 shares. Doing a million shares for a startup is ridiculous.
B. Giving everyone ownership for simply preordering is not something any company would do. That's like saying everyone that preorders the next Call of Duty game should get ownership in EA just because. Equity ownership is the most prized possession for startups and their most powerful bargaining chip with REAL funding solutions.
C. Allowing 60,000 shareholders on top of the shareholders for the remaining 94% ownership is a legal and accounting nightmare with too much cost compared to benefit. They would have to go public in order to make it cost beneficial but at that time, he couldn't raise what's needed for 49% of the company because the value isn't there yet. Therefor you would have to have a lawyer and accountant to sign individual agreements with all 60,000 people to stay private. At that point, it's not worth it because $6,800 is currently lower than cost plus giving away equity.

I'm sorry but your recommendation is a prime way for a company to go bankrupt fast and to drive those in charge insane by inviting that many micromanagers to the party.

But what do I know, I'm just a simple accountant that deals with companies and all their shareholders everyday...
A. That Zuckerberg must have been crazy selling 30.2 Million shares during facebook's IPO...

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is something I'm wondering about. To invest in Elio you have to be well off. And I assume that's the government making sure we are wealthy enough to take the risk. (nice of them to care). But how come, to buy stock from NYSE or NASDAQ, all you have to do is fund your on-line broker account, and off you are making trades that can be a lot more then 15,000? Why don't they "protect" us then and require the brokers to do a check on us to see if we can afford to take such possible losses?

I don't believe that government should protect us here, I'm just asking the difference in there thinking.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm no financial whiz... But, I thought it was a nice touch that Paul Elio actually sent out invites to us supporters even though he has to know that most of us don't quality under rules to actually invest like this. I thought it was a touch of class - his way of saying "Thanks for being a supporter. I'd like to give you first shot at investing in our company." I would like to get in and $15,000 isn't much of a budget buster to me but I don't have the equity required. Maybe later, there will be a way to buy common stock during an IPO or something. Still, I like that I was asked.

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A. That Zuckerberg must have been crazy selling 30.2 Million shares during facebook's IPO...
Considering that Facebook was valued between $77 and $96 BILLION prior to the IPO, comparing that to Elio is not relevant considering Elio's value is currently close to zero considering they are essentially fully financed/leveraged right now

BobG

Elio Fan
Reaction score
A. They probably only have 1,000 or 10,000 shares. Doing a million shares for a startup is ridiculous.
B. Giving everyone ownership for simply preordering is not something any company would do. That's like saying everyone that preorders the next Call of Duty game should get ownership in EA just because. Equity ownership is the most prized possession for startups and their most powerful bargaining chip with REAL funding solutions.
C. Allowing 60,000 shareholders on top of the shareholders for the remaining 94% ownership is a legal and accounting nightmare with too much cost compared to benefit. They would have to go public in order to make it cost beneficial but at that time, he couldn't raise what's needed for 49% of the company because the value isn't there yet. Therefor you would have to have a lawyer and accountant to sign individual agreements with all 60,000 people to stay private. At that point, it's not worth it because $6,800 is currently lower than cost plus giving away equity.

I'm sorry but your recommendation is a prime way for a company to go bankrupt fast and to drive those in charge insane by inviting that many micromanagers to the party.

But what do I know, I'm just a simple accountant that deals with companies and all their shareholders everyday...

Thanks for the reply md. My point is simply this if EM could get 60,000 people to pre-order much as Musk did with Tesla (but of course not as many) a lot of financial problems would go away. And if it takes giving up some equity to make that happen it would be worth it because as things stand now EM seems to need a financial boost very soon.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm no financial whiz... But, I thought it was a nice touch that Paul Elio actually sent out invites to us supporters even though he has to know that most of us don't quality under rules to actually invest like this. I thought it was a touch of class - his way of saying "Thanks for being a supporter. I'd like to give you first shot at investing in our company." I would like to get in and $15,000 isn't much of a budget buster to me but I don't have the equity required. Maybe later, there will be a way to buy common stock during an IPO or something. Still, I like that I was asked.
First shot??? He's been after deep pockets for a while now, with obviously with limited success.

It was a nice touch getting his letter addressed to me-lol

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply md. My point is simply this if EM could get 60,000 people to pre-order much as Musk did with Tesla (but of course not as many) a lot of financial problems would go away. And if it takes giving up some equity to make that happen it would be worth it because as things stand now EM seems to need a financial boost very soon.
1k all in + $500. incentive - $6800 upfront isn't as sweet?

Top Bottom