• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

mdfb42

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree, but I thought the poster seemed so sure about a major investor pulling out they may have asked that question and knew who it was.
Not ignoring you. Was looking for where someone posted a few months back regarding a phone call with EM discussing it. Can't find it for the life of me so as of right now I am required to refer to JEBar's response until I find it back.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey dummy! A major investor backed out last minute. They were on track but things change. Similar to savings for vacation then having to replace your Furnance. You were on track but now you no longer are.

And with the free samples example I was referring to the trips from city to city showing off the prototype. You are a few fries short of a happy meal aren't you if you don't get that comparison. (I can't believe someone would compare free samples of other products to actually meaning giving out free CARS for a auto maker....what kind of country do we live in nowadays?)
You need not express your anger to a troll- "hey dummy", it only reinforces there behavior. I've learned, and this my first board, -I know, they know,- and it's their way of expressing their frustration(s) and shortcomings , I'm sure no one who personally deals with them will listen, as they see thru their B.S. When you flip burgers with a college degree, and have to live home with mommy and daddy it's easy to see where there hostility is focused!

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not ignoring you. Was looking for where someone posted a few months back regarding a phone call with EM discussing it. Can't find it for the life of me so as of right now I am required to refer to JEBar's response until I find it back.
All is good! Keep in mind that EM lost a little credibility, with me personally, when it comes to funding announcements. They will no doubt earn it back when they show me the money. Still plenty of time.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You need not express your anger to a troll- "hey dummy", it only reinforces their behavior. I've learned, and this my first board, -I know, they know,- and it's their way of expressing their frustration(s) and shortcomings , I'm sure no one who personally deals with them will listen, as they see thru their B.S. When you flip burgers with a college degree, and have to live home with mommy and daddy it's easy to see where there hostility is focused!
I agree to remain respectful in a comment or reply, but Past Fanatic is not a Troll. Most of what he continues to point out has happened and he simply isn't over it. Futile to continue to remind Current Fanatics of the past, as they either have forgotten, would like to forget, or accept it as fact and have moved on.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All is good! Keep in mind that EM lost a little credibility, with me personally, when it comes to funding announcements. They will no doubt earn it back when they show me the money. Still plenty of time.

the sudden shift from all's well to announcing a funding issue was most certainly perplexing (I'm being nice) .... I know it most certainly raised questions and some doubts in my mind .... the cryptic response from EM's public relations didn't do a very good job of clearing things up .... at that point I choose to simply take what little was released at face value and resume following the company's progress .... while I still tend to believe that they will bring the project into production, I fully realize that may not be the case .... I prefer to stay positive and am enjoying the ride

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The real answer to your question is that listed stocks have been vetted (screened) against a fairly rigorous set of criteria. There is a less secure form of publicly traded stock which is sold on the "pink sheets" traders use for extremely speculative issues such as Moeller's Aerocar. Such stocks often have no liquidity (you can't sell 'em) because there simply is no market, or a very small market (6 trades per year, say) for them. And the odds of a return are tiny.

At present, Elio wouldn't make it as a listed stock; their financials are simply too unsound. Does that answer your question, Baldy? Unlisted stocks (private placements) are inherently more risky than listed stocks, so the gov't wants to make our decisions for us, as you said. But there is a reason for their caution.
Yes it does thanks.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio's video was very well done . I had forgotten about the "free" Elio initiative whereby you pay off your Elio as you buy gasoline . That is an incredible idea . By paying 3x the cost of your fill up , you can own and drive your Elio in as little as 3-4 years .
And since the Elio is expected to glean more than 3X the MPG of a standard vehicle , your fuel costs could actually still be less .
Damn , I hope this vehicle makes it to production .
I'd like to know what the interest rate is on this unusual loan arrangement... How are they going to make sure all your gas purchases go on this credit card?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Your only fault is that you are consistently sane and reasonable, in addition to (mostly) being correct and (always) being well-informed. I hate saints!

Thanks for the compliment as it made my day even though I am far from a saint. If you were to ask my ex-wife she would likely not only disagree with you but also claim I am the devil incarnate. :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree to remain respectful in a comment or reply, but Past Fanatic is not a Troll.

I respectfully disagree .... by definition he is a troll : "In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]"

in a recent thread he responded to being asked why he chooses to post on this forum, he responded,
Very SIMPLE.... to 'inform' NEW people of Elio Motor's 'deceptive practices' and 'unfulfilled promises'.... so that they are not 'suckered' into a Reservation, on a vehicle that Elio Motors will never be able to deliver! Definitely NOT in the time frame that Elio Motors is 'claiming'!
.... I understand that he's had what he considers to be a bad experience and that his behavior has been such that EM has banned him from some sites .... all that being said, its one thing to express concerns, its another to post in a deliberate effort to sew discontent and doubt

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
with a minimum amou
I'd like to know what the interest rate is on this unusual loan arrangement... How are they going to make sure all your gas purchases go on this credit card?
it really doesn't No matter how much gas you use or not, you're still gonna have to meet some established minimum - unless, like a credit card you keep rolling it forward, and keep paying interest on the unpaid balance. To think EM is doing this from the heart and not the wallet is ................

Top Bottom