• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment as it made my day even though I am far from a saint. If you were to ask my ex-wife she would likely not only disagree with you but also claim I am the devil incarnate. :D

X-WIVES are like lawyers, NO creditability. I had a few that were only after what they could get.lol

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to know what the interest rate is on this unusual loan arrangement... How are they going to make sure all your gas purchases go on this credit card?

the last I heard was a statement saying they were working on such a program but hadn't found a bank to work with

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All is good! Keep in mind that EM lost a little credibility, with me personally, when it comes to funding announcements. They will no doubt earn it back when they show me the money. Still plenty of time.
Not to forget the last minute delay of the engine demo coupled with a vague reference to individuals who couldn't be there in person. Yes we press on, and hope the Auto Show puts EM on the map!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree .... by definition he is a troll : "In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]"

by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]']by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]']by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]']by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]']link to source

in a recent thread he responded to being asked why he chooses to post on this forum, he responded, .... I understand that he's had what he considers to be a bad experience and that his behavior has been such that EM has banned him from some sites .... all that being said, its one thing to express concerns, its another to post in a deliberate effort to sew discontent and doubt

I have labeled people such as Past Fanatic 'misguided trolls' as I break down the EM naysayer community into three types of people: doubters, trolls, and extremists.

Doubters are frequently interested in the idea of what EM is trying to do however they have a number of concerns about EM as a company and/or if the final vehicle will be able to come close to EM's stated goals. EM supporters and EM doubters generally share many of the same reasons for being interested in EM and also many of the same concerns. The difference between the two groups is the doubters either take a wait and see attitude or believe there are simply too many issues or the issues are too large for EM to overcome on their own. We count a number of doubters among our membership with many of them being members here for a long time.

Trolls come in two groups, malicious and misguided. Both types of trolls tend to create issues by being generally disruptive to the natural flow of discussions by purposely posting inflammatory messages. Malicious trolls do this simply because they enjoy 'stirring the pot' to appease their twisted sense of amusement. Misguided trolls are doubters and/or disillusioned EM supporters who end up becoming trolls and disruptive because of being overly aggressive in posting inflammatory messages and/or posts constantly repeating the same information over and over again instead of allowing conversations to move forward. I label this group 'misguided' because, unlike the malicious trolls, in general they do not troll just for fun but instead because in their minds they are performing some kind of service to the community. The problem however is that they simply take things too far and in the process make themselves annoying nuisances.

The extremist naysayers are the few like Kathy Vincent who cross over the line from simply disagreeing with the opinions expressed by others to actively becoming a personal nuisance and/or stalker. These people have been actively stalking people online, spamming their targets' unrelated personal and/or business websites and posts, sending threatening messages online, and digging up offline information on people which they use to contact them offline and/or stalk their offline activities.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey dummy! A major investor backed out last minute. They were on track but things change. Similar to savings for vacation then having to replace your Furnance. You were on track but now you no longer are.

And with the free samples example I was referring to the trips from city to city showing off the prototype. You are a few fries short of a happy meal aren't you if you don't get that comparison. (I can't believe someone would compare free samples of other products to actually meaning giving out free CARS for a auto maker....what kind of country do we live in nowadays?)
"A major investor backed out last minute."...... and you KNOW this how? And WHY would a major investor "back out" on such a good deal, and sure thing? Sure "things change", but NO REASON was given. "what kind of country do we live in nowadays?"..... apparently, one in which people are allowed to demonstrate their intellect and maturity by 'name calling'..... instead of a concise and cogent rebuttal. As far as 'free samples'; Elio Motors does not even have a "Finished Sample", to demonstrate any of their 'claims'..... 84mpg, $6,800, Superior Safety, 90% American Made. ZERO for Four..... of their 'Major Pillars'. Wouldn't it be nice, if they could PROVE at least ONE of their claims......after seven years?

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"A major investor backed out last minute."...... and you KNOW this how? And WHY would a major investor "back out" on such a good deal, and sure thing? Sure "things change", but NO REASON was given. "what kind of country do we live in nowadays?"..... apparently, one in which people are allowed to demonstrate their intellect and maturity by 'name calling'..... instead of a concise and cogent rebuttal. As far as 'free samples'; Elio Motors does not even have a "Finished Sample", to demonstrate any of their 'claims'..... 84mpg, $6,800, Superior Safety, 90% American Made. ZERO for Four..... of their 'Major Pillars'. Wouldn't it be nice, if they could PROVE at least ONE of their claims......after seven years?
I see your point(s), but did you know- Venus is the only planet that rotates counter-clockwise?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

cry.gif
.... same old song

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the sudden shift from all's well to announcing a funding issue was most certainly perplexing (I'm being nice) .... I know it most certainly raised questions and some doubts in my mind .... the cryptic response from EM's public relations didn't do a very good job of clearing things up .... at that point I choose to simply take what little was released at face value and resume following the company's progress .... while I still tend to believe that they will bring the project into production, I fully realize that may not be the case .... I prefer to stay positive and am enjoying the ride
Sorry, the response was to post #121 and I failed to hit the quote. No need to be perplexed and irregardless why not be nice?

Top Bottom