• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Question Answered...

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect he's either a plant or a total pessimist.I sort of lean towards a 'plant' looking at his other posts. I've been following various other start-ups such as Aptera and the Sparrow. There is definitely a bad track record out there to be sure. The failures have always been laid on the issue of financing. Which really isn't true. The financing was actually an effect of other failures. Elio plays the financing activity very close to the chest, which does leave some room for conjecture. I am expecting Elio has cards to play in creative financing that others didn't think of. This huge count of reservations is likely critical in leveraging any financing plan. The 'plants' and other contenders certainly want to undermine that. They kind of failed.
In any case I suspect 'Snick' (which seems to be a word related to skinkering or snitching) would like to see Elio not make it, just so he can feel righteous. This is a lot like Gas2.org which doesn't like Elio at all because it doesn't fit their profile of glamorous electric supercars. I'd like to point out for Gas2 that an EV conversion of an Elio would be super interesting(and cool), but would kick the investment up by almost double, and the eMPG up by about the same. If that holds true I calculate the value point of the capital investment is more than $200 per MPG, or about 16,800, well above the cost of the EV drive and batteries. In such a case an eElio could be the first vehicle that actually makes economic sense. Elio Motors are about the smartest people I've found to make those customer-cost calculations. I think an eElio could very likely be introduced 2 years after the base car is in the market and widely successful.
Wow.....that's well said! We can't stop the naysayers because they are after all still humans...maybe not thinking right at the moment or over analyzing the info. given to them... or which part they don't understand that EM got the funding and the investors...but having said that they still have as much right to voice their opinions like the rest of us. I understand that they are bitter because they want to see INSTANT PROGRESS! 6 years for them is a little too much wait so they start these wild accusations that Paul Elio is not the person to run this company...or his board of directors don't know squat....or calling Lichter an idiot....now that sounds desperation from a person who can't get his message across! The naysayers needs a reality check...a wake up call and accept that EM is here to stay!
I've been suggesting all along to these naysayers to direct their frustration to EM and tell them exactly how they feel but nah....they would rather stay here and try to spoil the party...well sad to say that lengthy negative posts didn't make a dent because it sounded more like an egotistic blabber that they are better than the rest of us! ;)

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Their board of directors is a shambles. Stu has zero interest in the long term success of EM, and some of the others are in over thier heads or merely there to collect a fat paycheck. The ex Chrysler exec? Priceless--a failure from a failed company doing...what? There is no build team, no OPS, no testing plan in place. R & E is running around in circles revising the thing endlessly.

This is a board desparately in need of a leader, and full of committed members. You could fire half the board and get more done with a better leader.

I'm speechless.

facepalm.jpg

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last time I checked the filings, Stu has yet to invest a single penny into EM. Has that changed in the past ten days or so?

How is the last year's worth of excuses and delays "making serious progress"?

Constructively: EM needs to get off it's dreamy ass and get to work sweating. By OPS I mean Manufacturing/Operations, and not touring the car around. That's called marketing, which they're quite good at. What they suck at is execution. I've been following EM since 2008.

AND the "BEATINGS continue....

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you all noticed how every "documented" success is met with "Escalated Ferocity?" I can almost "feel" the frustration. Just a thought...It's almost like they have a "stake" in the failure of EM. Like paid lobbyists?.And I guess "little PJ" got fired, or reassigned...haven't heard from him in a few days. Just Sayin'...;)

Top Bottom