• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Auto & cruise. I love a standard, but for daily driving my old knees and ankles like those options. Everything else bone stock. I do want mine in black.
Welcome thomwin! Yep, those are requirements too...........for my old worn out body parts from to many years of manual speed shifting. Easy care and highly visible base White for me.

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being disabled I need the auto transmission and cruise control. I haven't seen the Elio in person so I don't know what the seats are like. If they are comfortable I may not get the leather. The radio must have Bluetooth capability for hands free calling and I may opt for XM or Serious radio. GPS will be a portable Garmin system with free map updates which I already have. The only other thing, if offered, will be a trailer hitch for towing a small motorcycle trailer. I may also do a roof upgrade consisting of a solar panel in order to power lighting and music when camping. I have a solar panel on my motorhome and it works great. I can go without any power hookup for extended periods of time. Sure is nice to dream.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wife and I will be spending almost 3 hours a day in this thing, so automatic tranny and cruise control a must. I assume intermittent wipers are standard (I remember when they used to be an option but I don't supposed they are anymore).
I want a trailer hitch. If not available, I will build one (I'm a Journeyman Ironworker and certified welder)
Seeing as how the wife will be climbing in and out of the back seat every time we commute, I want a heated leather memory seat for the driver's seat (mine) so I just push a button and the seat automatically adjusts to my (or the wife's) preference
I want a heated leather rear seat for the wife and a DVD player in the front headrest so she can watch her Netflix movies on the way to and from work.
Just the standard AM/FM radio. I don't need any electronic entertainment. Driving is my entertainment!
Creamsicle with tinted, opening back windows.

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For all of you Southwest Elio folks buying BLACK, sure hope they found a good AC supplier! :D
About as south as you can get....
My mustang is black. Inside is black.
It does indeed get hot inside....
Takes ony a few min however with ac on full blast and things are good...
I just like black...lol

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About as south as you can get....
My mustang is black. Inside is black.
It does indeed get hot inside....
Takes ony a few min however with ac on full blast and things are good...
I just like black...lol

I'm really leaning towards black as well. My concern is not heat, but appearing dirty. I live on a dirt road, so dust is a factor. I don't wash my cars regularly, ok..ever. Actually, I take that back. I drove my Solara through one of those chain driven car washes just last night. Thinking the whole time, I wonder how a three wheeled car would do in here?

Top Bottom