• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got the cash to load it up if I want, but it defeats the purpose of having a low cost vehicle. Why buy a $6,800 vehicle then load it up with $10,000 in options? I'll most likely keep it stock. Sunroof would be nice - maybe.

I'll go automatic, hands free phone connection is a must, maybe xm radio, tinted glass.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As long as the base price stays frugal I think we can let the rest take care of themselves. Ten to 12 thousand definitely is not within my buying power. :) Z
If you put your pennies away NOW...by the time we finally get a vehicle....you'll have enough :p

Wizard.......patiently waiting :)

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too funny. Being from Wisconsin I totally get that. Out here in California is less commonplace to see deer hunting widows drinking canned Schlitz at 8 am while huffin' filtered minty Camels. My poor wife is a Texan and she was shocked at how redneck rural Wisconsin is.

Seriously. I'm a base model man, with manual tranny. About the only option I'd seriously consider would be a ski rack. That drive from San Diego to Mountain High or Big Bear would be cool in the Elio.
ON, WISCONSIN! (Now, PLEASE at least TRY to beat Illinois tomorrow!)

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Driving down the road today, I realized my rear view mirrors were both aimed at the lane beside me (for changing lanes) and I use the rear view to see trafic behind me.
The Elio is so narrow that if the mirrors are adjusted the same, I wouldn't see anything behind me, so I will be ordering a rear view camera but nothing else unless the MC type fenders option are cheaper than I can make them. We will see. GB
But, will the rear view camera work only when in reverse?

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Texconsin,

Is it safe to presume that you too once lived 'behind the cheddar curtain'? Sorry if I asked already and have forgotten.
I am a NATIVE (Eau Claire/Madison) Cheesehead, now down Houston/Katy way, but it's too darned hot down here to ride my Zuke in the summer and sometimes too darned cold to ride it in the winter. An enclosed bike with HVAC in the HOV lane is the key to a half-hour less commute time per day, every workday of the year!

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Other than the transmission and body color are all of the options are retrofitable. So at some point when you decide they would make your life better (or afford them) you could then add them on. Lots of automotive features that where luxury car items are now everyday ecomobile standard items. When I was a kid the typical family sedan was powered by a straight six and a manual three speed column shift. AC was almost unheard of around here. I was shipping out to Korea in the 70's when my Mom got a Pontiac wagon with automatic AC and power brakes and AM FM radio. The lap of luxury for the time.

Other than the automatic shifting the Elio offers all that and more in standard form. My wife "hasn't" got the time to learn to drive a manual or get a motorcycle endorsement. She feels that if she should operate three pedals she should have three legs. I would pop for the automated transmission if she didn't need an endorsement to drive. Don't know if I see that happening in the next year. The base model works for me.

Top Bottom